Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire Dehumidifier FFAD7033R10 F0 Error Code Troubleshooting

Rjkd12

Go for it!  I do not recall them even asking for when I purchased it.  They asked serial number and problem!

OliverWhite

How did you explain your problem to get Electrolux to agree to replacing? Do you think that I can just say that fan and compressor run, but no water is collected? 

As Wombat said, the F0 must be the kiss of death. I told them I was getting an F0, had an electrician test the line voltage and they said hold on a moment.  Came back saying the unit would be replaced. Wala!

On 8/25/2016 at 1:49 PM, Helen804 said:

Hi RJ,

The sensor did look clean but I used a little steel wool on it and made it shiny. I used a tiny piece of rolled emery cloth for the inside of the sensor mount. It's been working fine for 24 hours. I decided to pull the sensor out and run it unattached to see if the problem would come back. An hour later there was a F0 code! I reattached it and it is working again. So I'm sure that was the problem. So give your sensor another try. I don't think alcohol is a good cleaner for copper. You really have to use something stronger. Brillo work, too.  

Helen804,  Thanks for your advice and information. My $300 Frigidaire dehumidifier was two steps from the landfill and then I followed your instructions for repair. It's been collecting water and running smoothly since late May. The final fix was twist tying the thermal sensor to the lowest coil. Thanks. 

Helen804,  Thanks for your advice and information. My $300 Frigidaire dehumidifier was two steps from the landfill and then I followed your instructions for repair. It's been collecting water and running smoothly since late May. The final fix was twist tying the thermal sensor to the lowest coil. Thanks. 

ftr, Helen is correct. I opened the back found the black cord with the copper end, rubbed with alcohol and replaced. Working fine now.

thanks Helen!

Has anyone actually received either a replacement dehumidifier, or a refund?

same problem...FO after 2.5 years of working fine at same location in basement.  Today Fridigaire told me I'd get either a replacement, or a refund.  Has anyone actually received either?  Many report the offer; don't see that anyone actually received money or new unit.

Mailed mine in yesterday and will let you know.  I think anyone who gets the refund is fat, dumb and happy and doesn’t return to post ?

6 minutes ago, bmostowy said:

Same issue, unit is 2.5 years old. Calling Electrolux repair for replacement. Advised by the agent they will send a buyback letter with instructions for rebate. Replacement is for only first year of failure.

Please explain, what is a buyback; and rebate implies you get a discount if you purchase another unit.  Do you expect to have to pay money to get a working dehumidifier?    I thought my rep said "refund or replacement."  I expected a used replacement, but she didn't even say that.

9 minutes ago, bmostowy said:

received email confirmation & instructions: Thank you for contacting us concerning a difficulty with your Frigidaire appliance. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with your appliance. Although we place a great deal of emphasis on quality control, there are occasions when even the best products may malfunction. We feel the best means of offering assistance would be to buy back your Frigidaire appliance, FFAD7033R1/xxxxxxx, for the full purchase cost (excluding any tax, delivery and/or installation charges). If this offer is acceptable, please send us your original receipt and the original serial tag (white or silver sticker) from the defective appliance by certified mail within the next 30 days to the address located at the bottom of this letter. If a receipt was not provided with your purchase, or you no longer have the purchase receipt, please include a signed statement providing your consent to the estimated purchase price of your appliance. Retain copies of the original documents for your records. The unit should not be disposed of until payment has been received. Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you have experienced with your Frigidaire appliance. While we regret the necessity of buying back your appliance, we do appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:40 PM, Farnk said:

Mailed mine in yesterday and will let you know.  I think anyone who gets the refund is fat, dumb and happy and doesn’t return to post ?

I finally got my prepaid refund card yesterday , a month after mailing in all the paperwork. So, there is to hope... good luck to y'all.

1 minute ago, agreddy said:

I finally got my prepaid refund card yesterday , a month after mailing in all the paperwork. So, there is to hope... good luck to y'all.

Nice!

Very, very helpful thread.

So, I cleaned the thermal sensor and its inner sleeve with steel wool.  No change.

Decided to just pull the back off and let it run.  No problems, working like a charm now.

My question:  While I realize that leaving the back off is bad for circulation, specially from the standpoint of the air filter, outside of that is there any other potential risk to the unit by just allowing it to run that way?

Thank you in advance!

OliverWhite

Got my prepaid MasterCard today, twenty days after I applied for it. I bought another Frigidaire dehumidifier. Although it looks the same, I'm hoping that a defect in manufacturing was corrected, and it lasts longer than my first one. 

ErikHaagensen

I just got off the phone with Frigidaire, had the same F0 problem, and decided to go for the buyback instead of futzing with the unit. Relatively quick and easy, and they emailed the buyback letter so that I could send it in right away. They just need your receipt (or a signed statement with your recollections if no receipt) as well as the serial number sticker off the unit. Sounds like my replacement money will be here in 20-30 days.

I'll buy another Fridgidaire with it, they were so pleasant to deal with.

Great customer service from Frigidaire on this. I don't know why I am a glutton for punishment, I keep buying these dehumidifiers despite them only lasting 2 - 3 years each time. Our last purchase was in May 2016 before we got our first F0 code last month. I was starting to take the unit apart when I decided to check the internet and found this thread. Thanks everyone for suggesting a call to customer service, they very helpfully are sending a letter for me to respond to. In the meantime I've purchased a replacement unit and hope it lasts more than 2 years!

I wonder if it is something to do with the environment it is placed in. I live in New England and during the summer we have to run a dehumidifier in our concrete basement to keep the mildewy smells at bay. I usually keep the unit at 50% and at the worst parts of the year it will run 100% all day every day but otherwise will cycle to keep it at that level. In the winter the humidity is low enough that the unit never comes on. I checked the air filter and it doesn't have anything on it. We discharge the water output into the sump hole. 

I opened our unit up after some prying (I should make a video how to do this, now that I have it apart it isn't even clear how I would do this without gouging all the plastic) and found that the coil ends were quite rusty. The discharge has a bit of a rusty color. Otherwise it is clean as can be in there, the coils were not clogged at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

To me the buyback is better. I can buy another unit if I want or spend it on something else.

afridge received what they required on June 22.  3 weeks later, I received the debit card.  They totally honored the warranty.  ?

You can buy these for $200 on sale. 

I apologize for being blunt but..

2-5 years will always be the average life span of cheap appliances. 

Same with the cheap washers being sold. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
applejack1963
On 5/15/2018 at 10:55 AM, Green Blizzard said:

I just called Electrolux CS again (877 435 3287)

Facing the same F0 code on a 2+ yr.-old FFAD5033R1, I went Green Blizzard's route on 8/10. After a few false starts with the automated CS system, I got a live CS agent who told me the unit was being replaced free of charge. After e-mailing me the instructions to follow, I e-mailed the documentation back on 8/14, and on 8/18 an FFAD5033R1E was on my doorstep. So far so good: it has removed many gallons of moisture from the basement without once telling me to F0. Couldn't have done it without you fine folks.

Thanks everyone!

This was the first explanation I came across after a Google search.

Got the buyback and going to play with sensor to see if it'll work.

Just barely over a year old-unit still looks like it just came out of box.

Thanks to everyone in this post.  The CS agent was quick to provide the letter, which requires a photo of the cut power cable, the serial # sticker from the device, and a receipt of original purchase.  I provided all of the requested materials that day, and had a brand new dehumidifier within 6days.  No questions asked, provided the same replacement device.

When I remove the hook 'nipple' from the rear drain port, the interior was coated in rust and residue.  Upon opening up the entire unit, tons of rust on the ends of the coils.....

Not a great realization, as I'll probably have to deal with this again in a few yrs.  At least I know what to do now, thanks again!!!!!

I bought my Frigidaire dehumidifier in May 2016 thru Amazon and signed up for the 2-yr. extended warranty with SquareTrade.  Although I typically don't buy extended warranties as it seems the companies that sell them have a good product and just offer the warranties to make easy money, I decided to in this case because a previous dehumidifier I had (don't recall the brand) conked out after 2 yrs.  Quality control and quality products are a thing of the past.  Making a quality product with a 20+ yr. life span puts good companies out of business.  Making a lesser quality product with a <5 yr. life span "makes America great" by keeping people employed and contributes to filling up landfills.  Anyway....my Frigidaire dehumidifier started shutting down and displaying the F0 error around the 1-yr. mark.  It took some time, due to website errors on SquareTrades end, to finally put in my claim and then I kept getting rejected because of the format I was using to submit a copy of my receipt (even when it was submitted in the format they required).  Finally, after going the route of an online chat, my claim was accepted and after filling out a form they e-mailed me, I was sent a check for the purchase price of the dehumidifier (not including tax or shipping).  I wasn't required to return the unit so will try some of the suggested fixes and see if I can get some use out of it.  In the mean time, after reading a lot of reviews on the Frigidaire dehumidifiers and the high incidence of failures due to the F0 error, and even though Frigidaire was recommended by Consumer Reports, I decided to buy a GE brand dehumidifier instead.  I bought it at Home Depot and bought their extended warranty.  Will see if I have any better luck with this one.

• 1 month later...

Wow thank you everyone! I just kept unplugging it and finally researched leading me here. Sat watching it compressor kicked on and off no change.

Called Electrolux directly. Said my area was qualified for 2-5 year field system error service. She didn't even ask details what was wrong. Receiving auto replacet letter within a week.