Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire Dehumidifier FFAD7033R10 F0 Error Code Troubleshooting

Rjkd12

Hi all, new user here

Bought this dehumidifier two months ago from Amazon (and added the Square Trade 2yr warranty). Got the F0 error last week.

Electrolux customer service quickly sent out a replacement, great... except they sent the shi**y 2013 704DWD model. It is UGLY, less energy efficient, louder, and costs FORTY dollars less at Home Depot right now up the street. The manager said to me "We reserve the right to give you something comparable..." Bait and switch at its finest.

While I file various complaints, I am interested in this thread. I have some questions if anyone has the knowledge! An Amazon reviewer actually posted a picture of moving the sensor to the bottom elbow, which I did and it quit throwing the code. Now I am going to unhook the hose to see if its actually filling the bucket and how fast.

1. Im gathering that frost/ice is good? That means it is doing its job- it freezes humid air, and then it melts and fills the bucket?

2. If it was working right, would the whole rectangle be covered in frost? Mine is frozen along the bottom 1 inch, along with that elbow, which is a solid ice block (with cover off at least).

3. Furthermore, does 1 inch of ice mean low refrigerant? If so, can that be added or is it a sealed throw-away system?

4. What exactly is this temp sensor looking for? Is it expecting to get really cold and then say 'time to defrost?' And in our case, it is still too hot after awhile, so it throws a code and shuts off?

Thanks and appreciate any expertise.

Evan

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 3:16 PM, Ville80 said:

Wow thank you everyone! I just kept unplugging it and finally researched leading me here. Sat watching it compressor kicked on and off no change.

Called Electrolux directly. Said my area was qualified for 2-5 year field system error service. She didn't even ask details what was wrong. Receiving auto replacet letter within a week.

Letter never arrived. So Called Electrolux. This time told to call Frigidaire. After all the options, was forwarded to Electrolux... she emailed me the letter.

Cut the cord and took a pic, attached serial tag to letter to scan, and forwarded Best Buy email receipt. 

Will be mailing me a new one.

Hi Evan,

I am by no means an expert at all, just a guy who likes to tinker with stuff and googles troubleshooting tips on the internet. I just know a little from what I recall when troubleshooting my own years ago, and in general from troubleshooting similar devices (AC/Refrigerators). I'll take my best guess at your questions below. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge can confirm/deny.

On 10/6/2018 at 12:00 PM, EvanM said:

Hi all, new user here

Bought this dehumidifier two months ago from Amazon (and added the Square Trade 2yr warranty). Got the F0 error last week.

Electrolux customer service quickly sent out a replacement, great... except they sent the shi**y 2013 704DWD model. It is UGLY, less energy efficient, louder, and costs FORTY dollars less at Home Depot right now up the street. The manager said to me "We reserve the right to give you something comparable..." Bait and switch at its finest.

While I file various complaints, I am interested in this thread. I have some questions if anyone has the knowledge! An Amazon reviewer actually posted a picture of moving the sensor to the bottom elbow, which I did and it quit throwing the code. Now I am going to unhook the hose to see if its actually filling the bucket and how fast.

1. Im gathering that frost/ice is good? That means it is doing its job- it freezes humid air, and then it melts and fills the bucket?

I don't think its good. It is good that you're getting cold, but ice buildup means that the fan isn't moving enough air across it. You should get condensation and then have it drip into the bucket before freezing. If its freezing, you're operating it in too cold of an environment or not enough air is moving past it. You can check the fan and your filter to make sure they are working properly.

2. If it was working right, would the whole rectangle be covered in frost? Mine is frozen along the bottom 1 inch, along with that elbow, which is a solid ice block (with cover off at least).

Maybe some frost, is OK with the cover off, but it should be condensing air and dripping into the pan. Big frost chunks or ice aren't good. You are geting frost since you have some kind of air flow restriction (question above) and its only at the end since you're low on refrigerant (question below).

3. Furthermore, does 1 inch of ice mean low refrigerant? If so, can that be added or is it a sealed throw-away system?

I do recall reading something that ice near the end of the coils means low refrigerant. This is a throw-away system as far as I can tell. Its definitely not set up like a house AC unit where its user-friendly to add some. Thats not to say its not impossible, but if a person isn't sure if you can add refrigerant I think its safe to say they should not.

4. What exactly is this temp sensor looking for? Is it expecting to get really cold and then say 'time to defrost?' And in our case, it is still too hot after awhile, so it throws a code and shuts off?

My compressor got really hot when it wasn't working properly and I wasn't getting any cooling. I didn't have frost anywhere. After a while, it would shut off the compressor, and allow it to cool. My *guess* is that if you aren't getting cooling, the compressor is working non-stop and will overheat. So this sensor is to shut off the compressor if cooling isn't happening. Lowering the sensor allows it to get a "cold" measurement (indicating everything is working), allowing the unit not to trip off while your unit is dying or had a temporary leak. I say temporary leak only because some people have reported that the unit works for an extended period of time after they moved the sensor. To me that means they either rarely use it or its not constantly leaking refrigerant.

Thanks and appreciate any expertise.

Evan

Just got off phone with Electrolux and after a short discussion, I am now waiting for an email with instructions for a replacement unit. So thankful I found this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Because I made a big stink, they took back the 704DWD and upgraded me to the Gallery Wifi version of it. Not the sleek modern item I wanted, but it has a higher value and the wifi capability to offset my annoyance. 

The original one was definitely out of coolant and would not do anything but freeze the bottom. The only water was from that inch of ice melting when it shut off. Threw it away

I received the exact same model.

Assuming I keep documentation to go through the process again in a couple years?

Such a waste to keep trashing the units. I hope they fixed the issue. One difference I can't hear a difference when the compressor kicks on.

It ran 2 days straight to get it to drop 5%. But water is dripping out. It now cycles on and off occassionaly. 

• 2 months later...

Today I was able to follow the process from Frigidaire to have my dehumidifier replaced.  Called the Frigidaire C/S number ant told them I have a F0 code.  They asked the questions about the room temp, and electrical outlet voltage.  Then started the replacement process.

I received the return letter within 2 minutes of the phone call.  I have attached the S/N lable to the letter as requested. and initialed that I don't have the original receipt.  They have asked that the power cord be cut and a picture taken, or the cut end returned.  I have taken a picture.

The letter and the picture have been scanned and sent into the email on the letter.  Will see how long it takes to get a new unit.  Will try to remember to report back.

• 4 weeks later...

Great website!  First-time poster.

My Frigidaire Dehumidifier (Model FFAD7033R1E0) purchased June 13, 2018 began displaying an F0 code in November 2018 after having worked flawlessly for 5 months. Came to this thread and WOMBAT’s post of May 11, 2018 was the perfect answer for me.  I called Electrolux Customer Service (877) 435-3287. “Iva” the robotic CS Asst. asked for my telephone number, address, name, model number, serial number, and date of purchase.  I was unable to input the serial number correctly due to an error on my part (I’ll explain below).  After three attempts “Iva” moved on and told me to wait for the Electrolux CS rep to come on the line.

I was then placed on hold until a live CS rep. came on (15 minutes later).  Very polite and helpful rep. she asked what problem I was experiencing.  I said, “I’m getting an F0 (FO?) error code on my Frigidaire dehumidifier.”  She asked me to go to the dehumidifier so I could “walk around it.”  As I was outside and away from the unit I replied that I had the serial number in hand if that was what she wanted.  I gave her an 8–digit number and she said it was incomplete. I looked again and the 8 digit number is preceded by an “IN” which is part of the serial number. So, it’s two letters followed by eight digits. She asked where I bought the unit.  "Amazon," I said.  She did not ask the purchase price .

This thread was so helpful! ?  The CS rep wanted me to re-cycle the machine by plugging it into another wall outlet.  I informed her I had re-cycled the dehumidifier a dozen times with the same F0 code coming up after 25-30 minutes.  I told her the line voltage was correct (115V) and ambient temp was within limits (65 degrees-basement). I did as she asked and plugged it into another outlet (Ha--on the same line.)  It immediately came up 50% humidity and ran for a minute without going into the F0 code.  I told her I had done this a dozen times already and each time it ended with the same F0 code.  That did it.  CS rep said, “I will send you a letter with instructions for a replacement unit. You’ll get it in 8-10 business days.”  WISH I HAD ASKED HER TO SEND IT VIA EMAIL.  She said to follow the instructions in the letter for a replacement unit.  I'll post again with the results.  A good sign -- she confirmed my shipping address.

In short. (1) If you haven't already done so, register your dehumidifier. (2) Call the Electrolux Customer Service (877) 435-3287 (3) Have Model and Serial numbers ready and purchase date. (4) Mention the "F0" code up front (5) Be able to confirm line voltage and temps are OK and within limits.  Thanks, all. - RBH50

• 2 months later...

I have had two units work fine for 3 summer months, then when I restarted them in the Spring the compressor would not turn on.  Cleaning the sensor did nothing

The unit was replaced by Electrolux but now the replacement unit is malfunctioning as well.    There is something like a slow refrigerant leak in these units, and I would ALWAYS try to get a retund and buy a different brand.

• 3 weeks later...

I am yet another person with the F0 error code on a FFAD7033R1 dehumidifier. I would like to try cleaning the temperature sensor since my unit is 2 years old and out of warranty. I removed all of the rear panel screws including the two behind the filter, and the screws on the sides near the bottom. When I pull on the panel the sides and bottom are loose but the top edge seems stuck under the top panel. Can someone tell me what I'm missing, how do I take off the rear panel? I'm afraid to just pull harder, that might really damage the panel if I am missing a disassembly step. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, Al_in_NY said:

I am yet another person with the F0 error code on a FFAD7033R1 dehumidifier. I would like to try cleaning the temperature sensor since my unit is 2 years old and out of warranty. I removed all of the rear panel screws including the two behind the filter, and the screws on the sides near the bottom. When I pull on the panel the sides and bottom are loose but the top edge seems stuck under the top panel. Can someone tell me what I'm missing, how do I take off the rear panel? I'm afraid to just pull harder, that might really damage the panel if I am missing a disassembly step. Thanks!

I have this exact same question, can anybody answer it?  Thank you --

I fixed my dehumidifier FO fault code by just installing a 24 hour timer that is set to shut the power off every 2 hours for several minutes.  this recycle the computer and works the same as unplugging the unit.

20 hours ago, jlyn said:

I have this exact same question, can anybody answer it?  Thank you --

I found this Amazon thread with instructions for getting the back off -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1CJD8C3IDLG27/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_btm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B006JNL87G#wasThisHelpful -- and using an old thin metal spatula as a pry tool (and with only a *little* effort) managed to get the back off.

I finally figured out how to take off the back cover, and just as I came back to this site to post I found the new info. Thanks! The back cover sort of plugs into the top cover so you have to gently pry the top of the back cover straight backwards. I used two small flat blade screwdrivers. I pulled the sides of the back cover a little bit to reveal a gap then inserted a screwdriver as close to the top as I could. I pried gently which increased the gap a little bit further up. I inserted the second screwdriver there and pried. I slowly worked my way to the top edge, and eventually the top of one side started to detach from the top cover. I then repeated the process on the other side. Once both sides had started to detach from the top cover I gently pried each side completely loose. Then the entire back cover came off with a light pull.

I have the same F0 code.  I cleaned the sensor but only the lower right corner was cold.  The unit ran for a day and the compressor wouldn’t stay on and very little water was collected.  I called Frigidaire to file a warranty claim.  

• 2 weeks later...

I turned unit on for 3rd summer use.  FO code displayed.  Did some searches and found this site, among others.  I took the back off the unit and found rust on the sides of evaporator coil (the outer coil, if that's what it is).  This had to have been rusted when I purchased, because the water had a slight reddish color from that start.  I thought that was a little odd, but didn't think more of it.  Apparently the rust has caused a leak in refrigerant, because the pump overheats and shuts off.  Total piece of junk.  I called Customer Service (knowing that they would tell me it's out of warranty and even so, rust isn't covered),  and since you can only email, no response.  This is the last Frigidaire product I will buy.  Two summers of use for over $100 a summer isn't very economical.  BUYER BEWARE.  Granted, some may last longer, but if you do take the chance of buying one of these, check the water color often.  If it has a reddish cast, return!!

FRIGIDAIRE = POOR WORKMANSHIP and CUSTOMER SERVICE

Have pictures on PC, but can't get them to upload.  Would like to let others see what poor workmanship looks like.

Hello,

New to the forum and like many others found all this great information about this dehumidifier. I too have the same issue, FFAD7033R1A10 dehumidifier purchased April 2017 in Ontario, Canada. Just started the unit up yesterday and received the "F0" error. Tried different outlets, same problem. Checked filter, was fine but gave it a cleaning anyways and ensured proper operation. The unit will start, I can hear the fan and air is moving as I can feel it on the side. I had the gravity drain setup then switched just to bucket yet still no water collected and the room sits at about 56% humidity. I'm curious if are there are any Canadian success stories ? The warranty applies to USA/Canada and I will be calling Electrolux tomorrow. I still have the original receipt (thank god). I'm going to follow the same steps as "RBH50", calling in to register and explain that the F0 is appearing. Thank you all for sharing your stories and if there are any Canadians who've had success please reply. Thanks again.

Johnny

Sorry just to add. If there are Canadian stories, could you please outline what they did in terms of replacement and what model you received. Thanks 😊

Update: After finally getting the rear cover off I found the same rusted frame around the coils as some others here. I cleaned and moved the temperature sensor; that made the F0 go away but still not a drop of water in the bucket after running for over 24 hours. I gave up and bought a new 70 pint dehumidifier. The cheapest I could find was the older Frigidaire model, $200 at BJs. I guess these things are expensive disposable items. 😠

Hey'

Have had ours 3 yrs. FO code showed up this spring. Called in. Emailed me the form. Attach the serial no. tag, a picture of the severed cord and your receipt, scanned  all and sent in, received acknowledgement, new humidifier should arrive in seven days.

Unless you are a refrigeration mechanic, wouldn't waste time screwing around with the old one. Dan

This is GREAT! I called the number that was posted (877 435 3287) and they asked for Model Number, Serial Number, and Where purchased.

I received a letter by E-Mail within 10 minutes requiring a picture of the Dehumidifier with the cord cut, and a picture of the letter I received with the serial number tag attached, and the Amazon invoice. I replied by E-Mail to an Electrolux address with these documents in JPG and PDF format. They immediately replied that I should receive a replacement unit in 7 to 10 days.

ROCKHOUND758

Like others, I called the 877 number and Electrolux customer service was very helpful.  My unit is not quite 4 years old but they're still replacing it.  When I send the email back in with the pictures of the cut cord, etc. I'm going to nicely ask that I don't receive an older version but rather the same version of the dehumidifier.  BUT for what it's worth I was just about to buy a new unit when I ran across this particular thread, so BIG TIME kudos to the first people on the thread that mentioned calling the 877 number as the process WAS easy and it made me feel much better about Frigidaire/Electrolux.  Now keeping my fingers crossed for the unit!

• 3 weeks later...

I had success, sort of, by calling Electrolux support at 877 435 3287.

When I called June 17, the recording told me to send an email. I did, and finally received a reply email on June 24. The reply had a form to fill out and sign. They also wanted the serial number tag and a photo of the unit with its plug cut off. There was an option to send an email, or you could use registered snail mail. I sent the email, which was to a different address than the first one.

My second email got a prompt "message received" acknowledgment, where the first was met by radio silence for a whole week.

Then on July 2, I got an email saying the package was on its way. UPS claimed it would deliver July 3, but this didn't happen. July 4 was obviously out, but the replacement did arrive July 5.

The replacement looked like it had fallen off the truck. The bottom of the box was patched up with extra cardboard and lots of tape. There was a big split on one edge of the box. Inside, the Styrofoam around the top of the unit was missing, so the unit could move up and down, and back and forth. The Styrofoam at the bottom was somewhat smashed.

The replacement has a small crack in the top and some scuff marks, but seems to be working. How long it will keep working is anybody's guess. I'm glad that Electrolux replaced the bad one, which was actually the second one to get a code F0. The first one got F0 in less than a year, and was replaced by the dealer. The dealer balked at replacing the second, where the F0 showed up pretty much a year and a day after it was plugged in. Not very happy with Frigidaire/Electrolux for the poor quality and the slow complicated process of getting a somewhat damaged replacement.

Thanks to everyone here for all the helpful info about the problem

Great thread, thank you for all the information!  Here's my story, hope it can help.  For Canadians!

Before calling Frigidaire/Electrolux, I wanted to make sure I tried all options.  I did clean the sensor, took it out of its original place and tie-wrapped it to the bottom coil, as described.  Sadly for me, it didn't work : not only did the bottom coil still froze up, the entire sensor froze up as well!  When I turn it on, the fan works fine, then after about 5 minutes, the compressor kicks in, and the frost appears after about 30 minutes.  No water is collecting in the bucket.

I'm in Canada.  So I called the number listed on my user manuel (which is the same number on the canadian Electrolux website) : 1-800-265-8352.  I mentionned the F0 error code upfront, and they asked if I had 115V, and room temperature (like the manuel says).  When I said yes, yet I still have the error code, they took my information, model, serial number, etc. and told me I will be getting a call within the next 2 buisness days, either from them (Electrolux), or the store I bought it from (Patrick Morin).  I will get either a replacment, or a refund (buyback).  That call when very well, quick and easy.  No fuss.  I will let you guys know how things turn out.