Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire Dehumidifier FFAD7033R10 F0 Error Code Troubleshooting

Rjkd12

Richard0001

I had the exact same problem with my FFAD5033R1 where I was getting the F0 code. I spoke with the rep from Frigidaire and followed the step by step instructions on what to do to possibly resolve the problem. All the possible solutions failed and so the rep said that since the purchase was made within the five year warranty window they would ship me a new unit in 7 to 10 business days. All of that took place on 7/8/2019 and on 7/19/2019 I receive a new unit and I hooked it up that day and it has been performing like a champ ever since. I have only great things to say about Frigidaire and I would definitely recommend buying from them and I will do so in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

We got my father a 30pint that ran fine for 10 months, then yesterday got the F0 code. I turned it off and on again it ran for a bit then F0 again. Off and on again and ran... then I found the book (supposed to leave it off for 30 minutes). Don’t know if it’s still running (not my house) and haven’t yet taken anything apart, now that I have all of your useful fixit suggestions, but if it is low on refrigerant, is there a way to replace it and find/seal any leak? 

• 3 weeks later...

I called, reported the F0 code, followed the instructions they sent me by email, and received a similar new unit but with an added pump feature.  Very nice!  I was trying to figure out a way to plumb my old unit with an unobtrusive small pipe to route through a wall and discharge into a floor drain in my furnace room.  I kept stumbling on a small gravity fed pipe clogging with algae or something.  This pump feature is perfect.  What a nice surprise!

Thanks for all the helpful advice posted here.  I contacted Frigidaire/Electrolux (800-944-9044) and they are honoring the warranty (I purchased in 6/2018); under the 2-5 year part of the warranty.  I had to fill out a claim form and send various pieces of documentation which I did today.  They claim a new dehumidifier will be on its way to me in a few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!  I found this forum because my 3 year old 30 pint unit has started the “FO” code thing.  It ran perfectly til a couple weeks ago when it would run loud and blow cool rather than warm air for a bit, which I had never heard it do, then it would resume running. Shortly after it started doing that, it code. Now it will run for maybe 15-25 minutes then FO on me.  I’d like to try cleaning the thermal sensor, but I can’t tell where it is. The photos you all so kindly posted are real blurry on my craptacular computer.  Could someone post a diagram of where it is and what it looks like, if you have such a thing?  I really like the unit, and if that’s all that’s wrong, I’d love to be able to fix it.thanks very much!

• 3 weeks later...

A few quick notes - 

The relocation of the t/c will get some additional running time, possibly. But unit is low on refrigerant if this helps. Likely best to just file the claim IF you are in warranty period. Otherwise, give it a go. I did with mine (just to see what happened) and it runs w/ no code, but moisture collection is minimized (since low on refrig.) 

Called the no (877 435 3287), worked through the AI, was then on hold for about 5 mins, and spoke w a person. She was helpful. I said FO error and she proceeded directly to emailing me the letter detailing required steps for claim. 

Have not yet completed the claim (gotta take pic of error code and THEN cut the cord and take pic). .

End result is they are to ship me a replacement unit. 

Will update this once received.

Not seeing way to edit post. Well, couple things I meant to mention.

Unit started operating in September 2018. Ran quite nicely for one year and three weeks. Then FO.

On opening things up - my unit is whistle clean. No rust, no grunge, no nothing except what appears to be a new unit that is 1.1 year old. I use the drain and a condensate pump; no bucket dumping!

Reviewing other dehumidifiers, would appear the Fridgidaire may be best option. All seem to be prone to failing within a couple years. The Fridg. has a 1 yr "no questions" warranty and then a 2-5 yr warranty on the sealed system. This is, I believe, best warranty available. I did see some that have a 2 yr warranty, but having the 5 yr on sealed system is better. ?? On the fence on this. Maybe a 2-yr No-Qs warranty is best since these things always seem to fail before 2 yrs? I dunno. Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Also, has anyone found a large (70 pint/daily or more) unit made after, ehhh, 2012 that actually lasts for years??? 

I had all the same problems with my Frigidaire 70 pint unit, FO code, unplug and re-plug in 30 minutes later and it would run for about 30 minutes and then the dreaded FO code appeared again. After finding this site and calling the 800 number I found here, I talked to a representative and being I had registered the unit when new a year an half ago, she emailed me a form, which had me take off the serial number tag and take a picture of the FO code and a picture of the cut cord which I emailed her back and within a week and a half I have a new 70 pint Frigidaire dehumidifier,

I have nothing but praise for the way that Frigidaire handled this problem

Bob G.  

O

Received an email that this unit is not available so sending me a debit card. But no idea if original purchase amount, or value of replacement. I don't think anyone makes one that lasts a year just to be energy star. Yeah wonderful for the environment throwing them away every year.

• 2 weeks later...

Very glad I found this discussion!  My dehumidifier died after 16 months, showing the dreaded FO error code.  In searching for info I found this thread.  I followed the advice given here and called, and with no questions asked I was then emailed an instruction letter on what to do to get a replacement.  I replied on Monday evening with an email containing a scan of the serial number, a photo of the FO code, a scan of the receipt, and a photo showing the cut cord.  Then Friday afternoon a brand new dehumidifier arrived via UPS.  And rather than being an older or discontinued model, it was the upgraded 70 pt/hour model that included a built in pump (which I don't actually want or need, but what the heck).  I'm still peeved that the darn thing only lasted two seasons, but I certainly can't fault their corporate response.  About the only downside is that now I have to pay to have the old unit disposed of.

Miracles do happen.

• 3 weeks later...

with the flexibility of receiving a refund, I tried shopping around. None exist that will last a year. So thought at least Fridgidaire was amazing with warranty maybe I'll give them a 3rd chance. But then realized it will most likely fail and not likely they continue this with newer products. So I'm going to monitor the basement and try to do without one.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the helpful information in this thread. My less than 2yrs old 70-pint unit also shows an FO reading and I was able to contact Electrolux 877-435-3287 today and start the process of getting it replaced.

• 5 months later...

Hi RJ,

The sensor did look dirt with green rust and I used a little steel wool on it and made it shiny. I used a tiny piece of rolled emery cloth and alcohol for the inside of the sensor mount. It's been working fine for 2 hours now. I really appreciate your information to fix F0 problem with this brand machine.  If any one has same problem, I believe that following RJ's suggestion will work.

JL

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread on the F0 error code. Electrolux does stand behind the 5 year warranty on their systems. My first unit F0’d after 1 year and I just exchanged with Best Buy. This unit threw F0 Code after two years. Just contacted Electrolux and it was a very easy process to submit paperwork via email. They will have a replacement unit shipped out in 7-10 days. Hopefully after all the F0 failures we have all seen, their design or production teams will figure it out.  Thanks to all who have posted. 

Just thought I'd update my adventure with a Frigidaire Model FFAD5033R10 dehumidifier (posted May 30, 2019), for those that are having issues.  I received a "new" replacement in June of 2019.  Summer and humidity is back in Ohio now, and it's time to turn the unit on.  It appeared to be ok, but typically when I check water level in the morning, it's back to the infamous FO error code.  For now, recycling power seems to reset things and it will run.  Doesn't seem to be collecting near the moisture that my other 25 year old Edison does.  I'm skeptical that this one is any better than the first, although it's not producing rusted water as the initial unit.  I attempted to call the Electrolux Customer Support, but no doubt due to all the issues with these, and after pressing numerous buttons on the phone, you are instructed to email.  This is definitely the last Frigidaire product of any kind I will ever buy, or recommend to any friends or family.  Apparently it's time to look for another brand.  

On 4/21/2019 at 8:35 AM, MiguelF said:

I have had two units work fine for 3 summer months, then when I restarted them in the Spring the compressor would not turn on.  Cleaning the sensor did nothing

The unit was replaced by Electrolux but now the replacement unit is malfunctioning as well.    There is something like a slow refrigerant leak in these units, and I would ALWAYS try to get a retund and buy a different brand.

I received my "replacement" unit June or July of 2019.  Plugged in to use this summer and it will run for a while, no condensation, then FO error code.  No signs of rust, like in my first unit.  I have yet to receive a reply from Electrolux as to what will be done this time.  I basically got about 2, maybe 3 months of use out of this one.  This isn't a very good record.  Do they all leak?  Maybe I should contact the EPA instead of Electrolux.

After cleaning my sensor & interior of the tube, I still  got the FO code. Tried all the previous phone numbers listed above, but the robots answering requested me to email homecomfort@electrolux.com which I did & have not heard back from them in a week, So I called the BEST PHONE NUMBER: 888-696-3744 to actually talk with a service rep who is processing my replacement. Good luck with yours!

• 1 month later...
applejack1963
On 8/23/2018 at 1:13 AM, applejack1963 said:

Facing the same F0 code on a 2+ yr.-old FFAD5033R1, I went Green Blizzard's route on 8/10. After a few false starts with the automated CS system, I got a live CS agent who told me the unit was being replaced free of charge. After e-mailing me the instructions to follow, I e-mailed the documentation back on 8/14, and on 8/18 an FFAD5033R1E was on my doorstep. So far so good: it has removed many gallons of moisture from the basement without once telling me to F0. Couldn't have done it without you fine folks.

Alas, back again two years later with another failed unit, but they're sending yet another replacement, which beats having to buy one!

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has been helpful to diagnose and figure out why my unit keeps showing the "F0" error. 

I just got my second warranty replacement and I guess I will keep doing this every year until they stop sending them. I feel like its such a horrible waste to use these things for a year or less before throwing them out.

• June 2018 - Purchased 70L Dehumidifier from Best Buy (model FFAD7033R1)
  • May 2019 - Replacement #1 because of a F0 error (received newer model FFAP7033T1)
  • August 2020 - Approved for replacement #2 and waiting for delivery. 

What other models are out there that are better? I need a strong dehumidifier because my basement is damp and it needs to run year-round.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, exactly one year to the day of my last post regarding receiving a new replacement unit, the new unit exhibits the F0 code.  I don't use the dehumidifier during the winter so the new unit was ON for a total of about three months.  I wish I would have tried to fix my old 1970's vintage unit that lasted over 20 years.  I'll get the claim process started again with my fingers crossed.

• 7 months later...

So, I have this same unit, but I think I'm having a different problem. My dehumidifier stopped coming on and initially had a different error code (not the F0). I don't remember the code, but when I looked it up, it was for overheating, I think. After I started troubleshooting, I discovered that the unit does not come on when the fan is set to high, but will come on if it's set to low or medium.

Once it comes on, the coils frost up and then it stops completely. This seems to be similar to the behavior for the F0 code error. What I notice, though, is that when the compressor turns off, the fan turns off immediately. If it sits for some minutes, it will come back on and repeat the same behavior. It doesn't generate much water. 

I cleaned the sensor, as people here have suggested, but it didn't seem to make much difference. The unit still frosts up after a few minutes, then stops cold.

The combination of the fan not running and the fact that it stops the way it does makes me think that the problem could be the control board. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions about how to diagnose this further?

• 4 months later...

Could there be a possibility that the lubricant ( oil )  in the compressor has been slowly vaporizing due to hot compressor and has been condensing and is now blocking the flow of coolant in the exchange coils. This in turn is not activating  the thermal sensor and this after a while makes the system give FO sign and unit stops functioning and has to be unplugged and plugged again to restart the unit. To correct this if you unplug the unit and heat the exchanger with a heat gun so that the oil that is blocking the tube vaporizes again and goes back to the compressor on powering the compressor and correcting the problem.