Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung Refrigerator Ice Room Fan Inop.

coand

For anyone coming across this thread later, my problem was that one of the lower freezer evaporator cover intake/exhaust airways (not sure which way the air flows) was filled with ice. It looked like water melted in there and froze over but no idea how. I don't know what the name of the specific area of the cover is called. It's an opening about the size of a fist on the lower right. I thawed all that out and it works now. I actually had to replace my top ice maker before that and once I got rid of that error then I was getting the other error for this problem. I don't know if the ice maker going out was caused by this problem or it was separate.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlboGator

• coand

• johntech

• brunomav

On 6/20/2017 at 7:00 PM, eggman56 said:

For anyone coming across this thread later, my problem was that one of the lower freezer evaporator cover intake/exhaust airways (not sure which way the air flows) was filled with ice. It looked like water melted in there and froze over but no idea how. I don't know what the name of the specific area of the cover is called. It's an opening about the size of a fist on the lower right. I thawed all that out and it works now. I actually had to replace my top ice maker before that and once I got rid of that error then I was getting the other error for this problem. I don't know if the ice maker going out was caused by this problem or it was separate.

I've seen that 20 times on both the scamson and lg models and have never found a problem other than that. I've come to the conclusion that the freezer door was left open so when I see that I defrost it, charge them and say call me if it does it again, be sure to push the door closed. Gotta check the simple stuff first.