Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bosch SHV6803UC Dishaser leaks at base of door

richt

Hello Esteemed Samurai Appliance Masters

I have a Bosch dishwasher which you helped me with several years ago when the solder joint was bad on a circuit board relay and it wouldn't heat water.  That fix worked perfectly!

Now I am having a leak at the bottom of the door of the dishwasher most of the times the the dishwasher runs.  It seems to me it must be related to the gasket the seals the front door but as a novice repair grasshopper I'm just not sure what I need to do to fix this.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richt

• Hiroshi

• Koi Guy

• BrewHobbyTech

Top Posters In This Topic

BrewHobbyTech

I hate dishwashers but a lot of times a leak at the bottom of the door is related to a bad spray, or what is considered "an off spray", which is caused by crap getting into your spray arms and it spraying toward the bottom front of the unit. I don't work on Bosch products so it could be something else that could be common to those products. The door seal is also another thing to look at. Sometimes finding the exact problem is easy.....and sometimes it isn't. I've run into a lot of different causes over the years. A few times it turned out either the wife or one of the kids moved the silverware rack, to where it shouldn't be. This helped send some water spray in the wrong direction during the wash cycle and it leaked out the bottom of the door. Look for obvious stuff first. Too much soap will cause this problem also, but with the modern soaps this isn't really a problem anymore. 

Check that the door is closing properly (check the screws in the side that hold into cabinet). Check the gasket for tears or misaligning when the door closes. Under the door may be a curtain that prevents water from splashing out, sometimes this curtain is torn. If you want to disassemble the outer door skin, you can check to see if the soap dispensor gasket or the steam vent gasket is compromised. Check to see if all spray arms are intact.

An easy test to see if it is loading issues is to run a cycle (or several) to see if it leaks. If it leaks you have a machine issue, in not you may have a loading issues.

One drop of regular dish soap will cause this leak also, I always ask who in the home loads the dishes and make sure they know not to use dish detergent before loading, or to rinse it thoroughly if they are die-hard pre-washers...