LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Thermador DWHD44EM/50 Dishwasher - No Power

Joel 67

Hello All,

I have a Thermador DWHD44EM/50 Dishwasher and the lights on my display are all off, and cycling the power button does not make them re-appear.  I've checked the electrical panel in my home to ensure it didn't trip a breaker (it didn't).  I then did a web search for potential issues and found some info online that said it could possibly be the power button or main control board so I ordered and replaced both and neither did anything.  I also looked at the terminal block and it does not look to be burnt or have any signs of arcing, but I haven't put a mulitmeter on anything yet.

Any suggestions?  I'm at the point where i'm considering calling in a pro, but obviously I would prefer to do this myself.

Joel

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joel 67

• certified tech group 51

• BrewHobbyTech

• Emma Miller

Top Posters In This Topic

Joel 67, hate to say this, BUT, :rolleyes: you are what we call a parts changing monkey. There is a picture somewhere at the top if the page..Ya gotta get yer self a decent meter to know where you are or not getting / losing power....Ya know the stuff the curls your hair if hang on to long.........Fetch yerself a meter, verify voltages at--- d/w junction box, power to the control board.....Also check at the breaker panel if none present at the d/w....Also does the d/w use a plug under the sink or is it hardwired???  ( seen the plug unplugged under the sink when customer was cleaning up under the sink ).... 

Edited by certified tech group 51

There is no doubt that I was taking the easy route and swapping out some parts!  The place I purchased from accepts returns so once this thing is back working I'll return anything unneeded.  This d/w is hardwired by the way.  I would have used a meter to test some of these components but I don't have a service manual for this d/w so it isn't immediately obvious which wire on the control board provides power to what. 

Slight update -- I tested the voltage at the terminal block and it's only 10 volts.  That circut also powers my garbage disposal and it is working fine so I assume it is getting full power.  Any thoughts? 

Disregard, I realized there is a separate switch to the d/w under my sink that powers the appliance. The 10v must have been induced by an adjacent circuit or something. d/w is operating fine now. FML!

Rule #1 that people disregard........make sure there's power going to the unit. At least you found the problem. 

• 1 year later...
Emma Miller

Hey Joel. 
I have a bit different Thermador dishwasher model, this one: https://www.appliancesconnection.com/thermador-dwhd440mfp.html
and the LED display was acting weird but it turned out to be a similar circuit issue. Luckily, I figured it out before calling a pro and paying for the service :) Besides that, I am happy with it, especially the noise level and the stainless steel panel, looks minimalistic.