LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Maytag Neptune MAH8700AWW

ancel1961

Maytag Neptune Washer MAH8700AWW will not pump out water.

During the Rinse - Spin Cycle, the washer will fill, tumble, stop with 9 minutes remaining on the time display, then eventually show a ND [ no drain ] code.

I put the washer on the Spin Only Cycle, but with water in the tub the washer would not spin.

I replaced the pump [ WP34001340 ], but it did not solve the no drain problem.

With water in the tub, I disconnected the hose which attaches to the pressure switch and capped the switch's vacuum tube where the hose is supposed to be connected.

With the vacuum tube capped, and the washer set on Spin Only it will go into its spin cycle despite there being water in the tub, but the washer still won't pump out the water.

I checked the pressure switch for continuity [ WP34001324 ] and it is closed between terminals 1 and 3, but open between terminals 1 - 2, and 2 - 3.

My first question is should the terminals on the pressure switch read continuity between all 3 terminals or just 1 and 3?

My second question is would a defective pressure switch cause the electric water pump not to turn on, or is this a Control Board issue?

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlboGator

• Hiroshi

• ancel1961

• Marcine

Top Posters In This Topic

It's most likely a control board issue. Check for 120 v at the drain pump when the pump should be running. You have to check across the plug terminals and not just for power to ground or another neutral line. I've seen the problem before and the neutral is switched through the board so the pump always has standing power if you check to ground or another neutral. That could throw you off. 

The service manual (PUB# 16026126 ) says to look for 2.5 VDC and not continuity when testing the water sensor:

Check voltage at Pin #6 and Pin #7 of CN3.         Reset water level = 2.5V DC, 25.8 KHz

Check voltage at Pin #6 and Pin #8 of CN3.         Reset water level = 2.5V DC, 25.8 KHz 

It has a similar test for the sump sensor:

Check voltage at Pin #4 and Pin #2 of CN8.                            0V DC or 3.75V DC

Check voltage at Pin #4 and Pin #3 of CN8.                            0V DC or 3.75V DC 

• 2 years later...

I was wondering if you ever found out the problem with your washer. I have replaced the pump and obviously checked all the drains and yet mine is still stopping at 9 minutes and will not drain. Any help would be appreciated. I have already wasted money on a new pump and I’d like to get straight to the problem! Thanks