Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

KA DW - KUDS02FSPA3 door pops

Fritz

10yo.  Replaced the latch and strike plate.  Goes about 30 mins before the door pops.  If I weight against the door, it finishes the cycle with no problem.

Door is level left to right, front to back and opens at 90º, so the hinges appear to be OK.

Gaskets/seals?  

8193942 door

AP6004030 inner tub 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fritz

• Hiroshi

• Koi Guy

• northeastappliance

Is the seal pushed fully into its recess along the entire perimeter? Are the racks sliding ALL the way back on their rails?

usually 1. its hitting / rubbing cabinet. 2. the back of unit is dented in from shoving it back into wall causing door to not close correctly. 3. rack installed backwards

Try running it with no racks installed and see if it still pops open...

Remove the gasket from it's recess and close the door to see if it feels different...

7 hours ago, holysmokes said:

3. rack installed backwards

This is a good tip also... I have seen that one many times!

On 9/23/2016 at 2:42 PM, Hiroshi said:

Try running it with no racks installed and see if it still pops open...

Remove the gasket from it's recess and close the door to see if it feels different...

This is a good tip also... I have seen that one many times!

Bingo Bango...........

......or it's something placed in the door rack/shelf that oversized.......

..........or......I think they have the door cams/closures(too tired and lazy to look up your model #).that could be it also.........yeah......that's my story and I'm sticking with it.......

.....maybe........

The dw door is strictly off limits for Stewy.  Could be hinges I suppose, even though they appear to be level.

Not oversized item in rack, not rack in reverse for sure.  Replaced the Door Balance Link Kit - AP3775412.  N/C.

The cabinet is firmly in place and is never shoved closed.  But the gasket may be the issue.  Door gasket or tub seal 1st?  Thoughts.

But I will try with no racks

In my parts house product notes it says that the latch and strike has been updated. Were the updated latch and strike installed?

I have had this door popping issue several times and found that using latch pt W10404412 and strike W10317686 has corrected the issue. Of course I figured this out after replacing hinges and gasket... Pfff...

I assume they were the updated latch and strike.  I bought from a reputable on line source about a year ago when the issue started.

• 2 weeks later...

when I replaced the door balance linkage, I neglected to reposition the DW properly.  So the right side gasket was too close to the wall and therefore squeezed forward a bit.

I slid the DW left and re-leveled it.  So far 1 run was fine. Time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

perhaps it was in my previous thread in the kitchen appliance repair forum now off limits to us commoners.

someone suggested changing changing out the tub gasket, which seemed odd to me.

but we've done 6 or so loads since I changed it out.  So far (knock metal and plastic) all is well.