Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kendo Points

LI-NY Tech

• Team Samurai

(Topic moved to Suggestion Box and Site Help forum)

Great question, Dave, I was hoping someone would notice and ask! 

Techs who spend time offering their expertise to other techs here at Appliantology should be recognized and rewarded. We're beta testing a system for doing that: Kendo Points.

Members accumulate Kendo Points over the course of a year. Accumulate enough, you get a free year of Professional Appliantologist membership. There will also be lower thresholds for big discounts, like 50% or 25% off the membership fee. As part of the beta testing, we're trying to determine what those thresholds are. The Kendo Points will reset at the end of each year.

The beta testing will probably continue to November-- I'll start a topic in the Announcements forum when it goes live. As an added goodie, members will keep all the Kendo Points they accumulate between now and the end of the beta period so everyone will hit the ground running. 

Another feature to point out is the new widget added to the sidebar of the homepage. It shows the Top Points for the week, month, year, and all time. We're looking into getting the widget title changed from Top Points to Top Guns. (Widgets don't show up on mobile-- you'll need to be on a tablet or larger screen to see them.)

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Hey all you guys are awesome!

Hiroshi is particularly attentive and so so knowledgeable. His knowledge amazes me. 

I do miss brother Durham he's a great refrigerator guy. 

But like I said all you guys are awesome John63, Scott and family, etc...

While I'm new and not as experienced, I'm gaining so much knowledge reading issues and at times trying to help. It's invaluable if you ask me. 

Thanks

Ed

• Team Samurai

I was thinking I'd wait until after the beta period to explain more details about Kendo Points, such as how they are accumulated. But there seems to be enough interest that I should give some more info. 

The Kendo Points system is run by plugin software that we added to the site. Currently, it only has the ability to automatically add Kendo Points for the forums activities at the site, not galleries, downloads, or blogs. We are hoping they'll add that feature in the near future.  

You automatically get 1 Kendo Point for each new reply you make. This is done automatically by the plugin software. 

Kendo Points are not awarded for new topics, just replies. 

As mentioned, the plugin software does not track activity at the other parts of the site such as downloads and blogs. However, contributing files to the downloads section (that aren't already there) and writing interesting or informative blog posts are valuable activities worthy of Kendo Points and the software gives us the ability to add them manually. So contributing new files and writing good blog posts will earn Kendo Points. 

I'll have more info to share as we ourselves learn more during this beta period.  

• Like 1

• Team Samurai

Just bumping this topic back to the top so it stays on people's radar. 

2D6E0448-6D39-4343-8CA2-ECD1DAA08F11_zps

Well, the ol' Kendo stick ain't as good as it once was, but it still sounds fun.

Apparently, with age comes wisdom......and termites.