Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Start a topic in the appliance repair section

John Murphy

I am a long time member who has been away from the site for a year or two. I can't seem to find where I can create a topic in the appliance repair section. The "create a topic " button doesn't appear like it did in this section.

Thnaks,

John

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Murphy

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Son of Samurai

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Samurai

Welcome back to Appliantology, John!

You're a Legacy Tech, which means that you paid $45 dollars some time ago for a lifetime membership at the site. This gives you full access to many of our tech-only forums, as well as unlimited service manual downloads, and we continue to honor this purchase to this day.

Once we stopped offering the Legacy Tech membership, it was essentially "frozen". This means that Legacy Techs still have and always will have access to the features they were promised when they purchased their membership, but not necessarily new features that have been added to the site since then. Despite this, we have still added some benefits to the Legacy Tech membership throughout the years. However, there are some parts of the site only available to Professional Appliantologist members.

We do our best to reward members who interact with the site a lot and provide valuable information. For example, members whose contributions are consistently helpful are promoted to Senior Appliantology Fellows, who have access to additional benefits.

Also, you may have noticed the Kendo Points tally that shows up underneath your user information to the left of your post. This is a new system that we're implementing which allows members to earn discounts towards a Professional Appliantologist membership based on how much they contribute to the site. If you contribute enough to the site, you can even earn a free year of Professional Appliantologist membership!

I hope we continue to see you around Appliantology! It's good to have you back.

• Team Samurai
1 hour ago, John Murphy said:

I also paid almost $500.00 and should still be considered a student. Correct?

Correct! You enrolled in the Master Samurai Tech academy on May 6, 2014. You paid your tuition using Paypal, transaction ID 6DR202275A786305X. Back then, the only courses we offered were Fundamentals and Business and the tuition was $397 for both with lifetime access. You left off at Unit 7 in the Basic Electricity module. You took that quiz on June 2014 and then it looks like you stopped working on the course. You should log back in and resume your studies!

You'll probably want to review/refresh because we've added a lot of new content and enhancements to the course. And there's an open answer midterm exam that most students find challenging. You can read the full list of all the changes we've made to the Academy since your last visit in the Course Updates Log

I have a problem with a Kenmore Electric dryer model number 110.63012100 that I would like advice on. I can't seem to figure out how to access that advice as I have in the past.

I am missing something, right? Its not because I am a legacy tech?

John

• Team Samurai
16 minutes ago, John Murphy said:

I can't seem to figure out how to access that advice as I have in the past.

I am missing something, right? Its not because I am a legacy tech?

You're missing a whole world of Appliantological wisdom right here at your fingertips! 

Appliantology has changed a lot in the two years you've been gone. A quick way to get up to speed (and maybe start the Fundamentals course back up again, while you're at it) is to take our short, fun, and free short course on Appliantology 101: http://mastersamuraitech.com/appliantology-101/

And take the free Internetology short course while you're at it: http://mastersamuraitech.com/gain-internet-competence-30-minutes-less/

• Team Samurai
1 hour ago, John Murphy said:

I have a problem with a Kenmore Electric dryer model number 110.63012100 that I would like advice on.

Also, you should post your question about this dryer in one of the tech-only forums! The Laundry Appliance Repair Forum seems like the right one for this.