Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag FDBM MFX2570AEW0

16345Ed

Manufacturer: Maytag
Type of Appliance: FDBM Refrigerator
Model Number: MFX2570AEW0
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): Yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): Yes

I found a tech sheet for a similar model. There is a manual for the MFX2571 models. 

I'd like a manual for disassembly purposes if there is one  

Thanks

Ed

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 16345Ed

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Joe B, Stoughton Appliance Repair

3 hours ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

Tech sheet 

Parts manual 

Yep found that stuff.

So no actual manual, I take it?

Thank you

Edited by 16345Ed
For got to say thanks.

• Team Samurai
15 minutes ago, 16345Ed said:

Yep found that stuff.

I uploaded those for you after you posted your request-- where did you find them? Service Matters? 

The Job Aid is already in the Downloads section, its one of the several there for Whirlpool FDBM fridges. Won't have a Maytag model number associated with it but one of them will be for that model. Just download them all if you haven't already and look through them to see which one applies to your model. Welcome to the exciting world of technical literature research! 

• Team Samurai

One trick is to search just this forum using a very abbreviated model number term such as "MFX*"  When you do that, you'll pull up service pointers and other docs that apply to this and other model groups, such as this one:

Once you have these other model numbers, you can use them to search the Downloads for service manuals. The one you find with using that substitute model number will also apply to yours. 

20 minutes ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

One trick is to search just this forum using a very abbreviated model number term such as "MFX*"  When you do that, you'll pull up service pointers and other docs that apply to this and other model groups, such as this one:

Once you have these other model numbers, you can use them to search the Downloads for service manuals. The one you find with using that substitute model number will also apply to yours. 

Tech sheet for MFX2570 was out there. I downloaded it before posting my request. 

I did, also before my request, a search in Files for MFX*

I saw that same link you just shared on the dual evaporator units. 

That's where I got stumped. Far as I can tell from parts diagram the unit I'm looking at is a single evaporator. 

Take a look at the parts list you sent. I'm only seeing one but been wrong before. Lol

Your help is always appreciated. 

The tech sheet I downloaded was for this model: MFX2570AEM3

which I assumed would be close if not the same. 

4 minutes ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

Compare the PUB numbers. 

To what? Sorry not following you. 

• Team Samurai

Continuing with the research lesson...

Search the Downloads using the model numbers in the bulletin I linked to previously. One of those model numbers began with "WRF". Use that as a wildcard search term in the Downloads: "WRF*" and you'll find this service manual: 

• Team Samurai

The PUB numbers are listed in the document description. You'll know it because it has the word "PUB" in front of it. :huh:

Could you do me a favor?

review parts list link you sent 

tell me how many evaporators you find. 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

Continuing with the research lesson...

Search the Downloads using the model numbers in the bulletin I linked to previously. One of those model numbers began with "WRF". Use that as a wildcard search term in the Downloads: "WRF*" and you'll find this service manual: 

You continue to direct me to a dual Evap model. 

I believe MFX2570 is a single Evap. 

• Team Samurai

Can't, I'm on my phone on a trail. Are you unable to identify the evaporator or is this a trick question? :blink:

• Team Samurai
Just now, 16345Ed said:

Btw, I should not be getting Kendo points for these posts. Lol!

I'll deduct 100 Kendo Points when I get back tonight. ;)

3 minutes ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

Can't, I'm on my phone on a trail. Are you unable to identify the evaporator or is this a trick question? :blink:

When I review the parts diagrams, one from Sears and one from you. I only see one evaporator. 

The methods for search I used and that you shared with me lead us to dual evaporator models?

So that's why I've been unable to "help myself."  

I don't need it today. Call is Tuesday. Get back to the trail! Enjoy!

• Team Samurai
9 minutes ago, 16345Ed said:

You continue to direct me to a dual Evap model. 

I believe MFX2570 is a single Evap. 

The research example I gave was meant to be illustrative and not definitive. Use the technique to find and review documents until you find the right one. 

I'm teaching you how to fish. Now grab that worm and go fish, dammit! :argh:

I truly want to fish. 

I found one service pointer with my model on it. However it appeared nearly every model was on it even those dual evaps. 

I will begin downloading every FSP FDBM I can find. In other words... Im going fishing!

• Team Samurai

This Job Aid doesn't cover the double freezer drawer disassembly but does cover the single evap units: 

I found it by crossing over from another service pointer that applies to both single and dual evap units :buddha:

7 hours ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

This Job Aid doesn't cover the double freezer drawer disassembly but does cover the single evap units: 

I found it by crossing over from another service pointer that applies to both single and dual evap units :buddha:

So if I look up the ice maker in the MFX2570 it's this. 

Part number: WPW10377151

Part number: WPW10377151

If I plug in GI7FVCXWA01 the compatibility search it comes up incompatible. (This is model from job aid)

and comparing parts diagrams it's clear they are different designs. 

Im still fishing...

21 hours ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

Here's the whirlpool equivalent I believe but I can not find a manual. 

• 1 year later...

@16345Ed  Ed, did you ever find a proper job aid for this beast?  Looks like I'm kind of running into the same research problems you did?

Thanks,

Joe