Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag MAH8700AWW Washer Motion Sensor?!

dvanallen

I have a series 11 washer that was throwing a ND (no drain) code. Pulled the control board because (1) the drain pump was reading resistance and (2) was receiving 120v AC. 

I then found a control board on ebay for this model, but didn't check the series number. Numbers on the board include 1107218HCE 0083, MW3P27 00U643. Numbers on the old board include 06FMW3P2701, MW3P27-01X211, and BHCEY7J0091.

Installed and it works fine -- except it will not spin my clothes dry. To the best of my understanding, it's missing the motion sensor (34001484) and wiring harness (34001485). Can someone confirm that these 2 parts will fix the problem?! This is an older machine and the motion sensors only appear available as used on eBay without mounting brackets. Can I just duct tape it to the inside of my machine? 

Any other ideas?!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dvanallen

• AlboGator

• BrewHobbyTech

If I remember right that motion sensor was part of a recall/service bulliten kit and not available individually. My beer soaked memory tells me that it was only there to slow the rpm if the machine was detected to be unbalanced so without it it should spin away. Those kits consisted of a new control board and a sensor that screwed into the top rail if I remember right. 

Part number: WP34001494

Part number: WP34001494

Looks like it's available with the sensor still. Expensive, but available. 

Yes, this is the one. I'm trying to figure out (1) if the sensor I purchased used on eBay will fix the problem and (2) how/where I can install it without the mounting bracket.

It could. The original board didn't use the sensor so if you have the original board then there's no place to hook it up to. If you have the updated board AND know where it plugs in you might be able to make a wiring connection for it provided you get the pins right. You're getting into "garage project" area with this one by trying to piece and part it together so the best that I can do is tell you what I know and that's really about it. If you can zip tie it to the top bracket then go for it and see what happens if you're missing the bracket.

I know the original board would spin without the sensor. I don't know if the updated board will spin without it. It would depend on it's programming and whp may not even know that because it was a samsung made machine. Even if they did know how it was programmed they wouldn't tell anyone. Samsung wouldn't admit to making it so that's out as well. Like I said earlier, you're in garage project land. I'd suggest ordering the parts from the link I posted in the original response if you want to get it going again.

I agree with Albogator, and I'll add this......sometimes you need to know when to hold em and when to fold em.......yeah....I'm guessing a "garage project" for sure......just my opinion, but maybe you can have some fun with it. 

I had the original board but it stopped sending current/signals to the drain pump. I bought a used next gen board but the seller did not include the motion sensor or wiring harness. I've spent another $40 to acquire these two parts . . .

Thanks for everyone's perspective! Fingers crossed that it'll spin fast enough to wring the rinse water out! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Final update: everything's working A-OK. The sensor worked fine. I secured it to a mounting bracket above the drum. Yeah! :)