Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bosch B22CS30SNS/01 Temperature Alarm

lou123

Vee8power,

Appliancepartspros.com sent out a replacement of the part and the new one was the same 133Hz. Is it possible that GE changed the replacement part with one with a lower max frequency?

I put it in my fridge and it seems to be working fine, but I wonder if the max cooling capacity is reduced with the lower max frequency?

See below:

32649557366_e18d59d360_c.jpg32311186020_27620dc905_c.jpg

Also I found someone with the same problem on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1FPXTUYOWNAYA/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00LQDI048#R1FPXTUYOWNAYA

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong part sent for a second time!!!, January 5, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: General Electric WR49X10283 Refrigerator Inverter Board (Tools & Home Improvement)
This is the second one I ordered since the first one was not correct, I went back on line and checked the listing and my part matches what is shown in the pictures with all the numbers and letters on the tag. Told them this on the response with the first one and than received the same wrong part a second time. Part in picture is what I need, all the numbers match perfect to the one I removed from our fridge. What was sent is not the same as what is pictured. I think you have the wrong part number listed with the item shown? We have been keeping our food cold in coolers the last week and half and we are very upset with this. See pics!!!! Humm

711DZ-iSsML.jpg

Abaesemann,

Thank you for letting me know that the lower max frequency does not effect cooling. Do you know why GE swapped the old part for this one? Cost savings? Lower max frequency runs the compressor at a lower max speed, possibly reducing heat and preventing the inverter from failing?

2 hours ago, joshdquimby said:

Thank you for letting me know that the lower max frequency does not effect cooling. Do you know why GE swapped the old part for this one? Cost savings? Lower max frequency runs the compressor at a lower max speed, possibly reducing heat and preventing the inverter from failing?

I have not looked into it, I just assumed it was a new design and hopefully works better.

They never want us to know why they are substituting parts. If there ins a service bulliten for a known condition we can speculate but they change parts all the time. Sometimes it is for energy efficiency, sometimes it so they are compatible with newer models, sometimes because the part has a high failure rate, other time they just found a cheaper way of doing things. I choose to use the term "updated" and not think about it too much. 

• 1 month later...

Hey johntech,

I'm experiencing the same problem from Appliancepartspros.com using Vee8power's original link. I'm wondering if you could let me know how you get the invert to fit in your Bosch fridge because the wires and harness aren't plug-in-and-fit for me.

THanks!

Since the "guts" of the parts are the same, you should be able to expose the circuit board inside and transfer your original connectors to the new board.

33 minutes ago, Hiroshi said:

Since the "guts" of the parts are the same, you should be able to expose the circuit board inside and transfer your original connectors to the new board.

I'll take another look. I actually tried to see if I could simply transfer the wire harness but there are soldered parts and wires don't match, so I don't want to risk tempering it before asking since it sounds pretty straight forward in other responses. I'm debating if it's worth saving the trouble to just get the specific Bosch part as I'm not a professional in this. Thanks for the advice regardless.

00647583 is the Bosch part number. The reason we techs suggest using the GE part it because it is manufactured by Embraco, so it is the same part, just a different price... the Bosch OEM inverter is $320.00.

Your cash, your choice.

23 hours ago, Hiroshi said:

00647583 is the Bosch part number. The reason we techs suggest using the GE part it because it is manufactured by Embraco, so it is the same part, just a different price... the Bosch OEM inverter is $320.00.

Your cash, your choice.

A couple questions if you don't mind. I absolutely would like to use the GE part if I could. Did you have to re-solder the connector? I'd like to confirm before I rip it apart.

Also, I looked into the OEM option, but all images don't appear to even have the side wires (6-wire harness + ground) except the connector to the compressor. Am I still supposed to transfer the harness? If that's the case, I might as well stick with the GE part since I have to solder and transfer anyway.

Here's an example image:

Control-Board-00647583-01839092.jpg

Thanks in advance!

When you open the housing you will see that there is no soldering required, the wires are connected to the board with terminals not solder. "Ripping" the box apart is not necessary either, just release the clips and open it up... the circuit boards will be identical- just go by wire location and transfer them over. I have never had to solder one of these...

2 minutes ago, Hiroshi said:

When you open the housing you will see that there is no soldering required, the wires are connected to the board with terminals not solder. "Ripping" the box apart is not necessary either, just release the clips and open it up... the circuit boards will be identical- just go by wire location and transfer them over. I have never had to solder one of these...

That's a great relief... let me try that. Thanks!

• 9 months later...

Just a quick note of thanks for the info in this thread...

My Bosch B22CS30SNS/01 quite cooling yesterday. When the same happened about six months ago, a coil cleaning/blowout got things working again, but this time the compressor wasn't running.  

As outlined earlier, checked input voltages into the compressor control board (good) and ohmed out the compressor (good), so decided to the control board was shot (can you say poorly designed part?).  The Bosch part was double the price, but more importantly a special order part about everywhere, so I decided to try the GE part WR49X10283.

I found a local shop that had the GE controller in stock on a Sunday on New Year Eve's day...   The harness is different, but the circuit board looks identical except for the difference in frequency described above.  Swapped over the harness (no soldering, no hassles), installed the board, plugged it in, and a minute later, my compressor was running!  Several hours later, temperatures are great inside the freezer and fridge, and I'm officially declaring it fixed!

Also of note is that the version of the GE controller above has a big metal heat sink on the outside of the plastic case where the original Bosch part had none.  If the board failures were heat related (very likely), this part is also likely to last quite a bit longer. Hopefully the life of the fridge!  

• 5 months later...

I stumbled across this thread after I bought a Bosch replacement controller, so I also order the GE variety as a potential back-up.

Any updates on the use of the GE controller for the Bosch B22CS30SNS/01? Have you noticed any issues over time if you installed the GE controller in your Bosch unit?

Thanks!

• 2 years later...
jerome.brian1

Found this thread while researching what might be wrong with my Bosch. I had the same symptoms of the freezer alarm going off and the unit losing it's cool. Fan will still operational. This fix worked great! As mentioned, I had to change the connectors on the inverter board but only took a few minutes.

• 7 months later...

This was extremely helpful, not only providing a test procedure and a fix, but also the link to a generic part saving around $200 compared to the Bosch-marketed original.

I took the old inverter apart (the case slides apart) and both the large capacitors inside were bad, and there was a coating of fluid droplets over the inside of the inverter case.

IMG_2149 copy.heic

• 3 months later...

The wiring is different on the GE  part. I need to switch the wiring  harnesses from the old Bosch part to the new GE replacement.     The right harness of each part, are connected to prongs via clip. The attachment is solid & cant remove either part. They are U shaped connectors.