Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
TheHappySavage

TheHappySavage

2 posts in this topic

Help please!! I recently installed a GE Dryer model number DVL223EB4WW but i can't get it to heat at all. I've checked the circuit breakers as well as the exhaust vent, but nothing has worked. I am a little worried that the outlet is not the right specifications as I noticed that while it was marked at 30 amps, it was also marked 126/250V whereas my dryer is supposed to run 208/240V according to the owner's manual. Would this difference in voltage be enough to keep the dryer from heating? Or is something else the matter? If I need to check the heating element or the fuses, where are those located? Thanks very much for any help you can give me.

Tim

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You need to use your multimeter and measure the voltages at the dryer outlet. This page explains what you're looking for.