Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. 
      I'll be posting a couple more tech sheets before Saturday so be sure to follow this event to keep up with the tech sheets we'll be going through. 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Model 79572053110

lawprelim

I recently found out that my Kenmore Elite Model 79572053110 stopped cooling the freezer, and the refrigerator. Here is what I did while troubleshooting. Opened fridge and freezer door, then held down "Ice Select & Refrigerator Temp" to put in demo mode "O FF", then turned off demo mode. Opened back panel at top, and pressed the little black button on the mother board once. Fridge beeped 3 times (all options on control panel at front lit up). Pressed it again and it beeped three times but as two consecutive beeps (Control panel went back to normal). Pressed it again, and fan turned off, and was as if it turned off the fridge. Repeating the pattern does the same. The times when it beeped, the fan ran inside the fridge, and it seemed like it was working, but the air wasn't cold, I don't really think so. The compressor makes noise, so it's getting power, but I don't know if enough. The compressor stops running with a kind off scratch noise, and then I suppose will start up again, because it's running sometimes. There is an LED light on the mother board that blinks six times. The capacitor looks fine (no burns). I have unplugged it, waited 15 minutes or so, then plugged it back in. The coils are clean, the big fan back there is running. There have not been any error codes, and I'm sure that I did not erase by unplugging. The filter fan works. No air is being pushed into the fridge unless compressor is running, and that air is not cooled. I have a list of suspected part failures, but I need a veteran to tell me what the likely suspect is. Please Help.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 16345Ed

• lawprelim

• Quick

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, lawprelim said:

There is an LED light on the mother board that blinks six times.

Buddy you have a linear compressor on your refrigerator. I'm one of the least of the Samurai techs here. I missed learning about that compressor and it's starting device. I think you need someone to look at it that knows what they are doing. Perhaps a starting device. But I fear for that compressor...

Good luck with that.

Quick

Need to determine what if any fans are running. 

Is condenser fan in back running? Is compressor running?

if yes, shoot temp of condenser coils. If 100 degrees or so the sealed system is good, if coils basically room temp then you have a sealed system issue. 

These LG made Kenmores have been having issues like yours. Five year warranty on compressor etc. 

Hi Senpai.

The Condenser fan in the back runs, and the compressor is running, normally, that may not be so.  I hear it making noise, and it is warm to the touch.  The coils are room temperature.  Is there a way to know definitely if there is a sealed system issue?  What other signs are there?  Thanks for getting back to me.

Paul.

1 hour ago, lawprelim said:

Hi Senpai.

The Condenser fan in the back runs, and the compressor is running, normally, that may not be so.  I hear it making noise, and it is warm to the touch.  The coils are room temperature.  Is there a way to know definitely if there is a sealed system issue?  What other signs are there?  Thanks for getting back to me.

Paul.

You need to get your eyes on the evaporator and observe frost pattern. It should have an even coating of frost. If no frost or frost on just a section you can confirm further. 

Id start with the one in the freezer compartment. You have to tear Freezer apart to get cover off back wall.

Temp gun pretty conclusive

Edited by 16345Ed