Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Fef336fmc bake and broil elements do not get hot

Nothandy

The bake and broil do not heat up.  I have 120 to ground on both incoming feeds to the oven and 230 line to line.  When I set to broil or bake I measure 120 to ground on both elements no matter what I try either broil or bake.  Checking the voltage on the control board all have 120 to ground as well. When using broil I thought only the top heating element should get voltage but both elements do.  Same when I push bake. I have 120 on both sides of each element to ground.   However even though both have volts neither gets hot.  The oven will get a little warm but none of the elements turn red or orange and can be held.  When I shut off whichever mode either bake or broil voltage goes to zero so I know the relays are working.  I also measured ohms at the temp probe unplugging it from the controller and it measures correctly. About 1090 ohms at about 72 to 75F. Resistance on the broil element is 22 ohms and resistance on the bake element is 19.6 ohms.  Any idea why the elements will not get hot?  Im thinking something in control board but again there is voltag going to the elements.  Both elements no matter if I try bake or broil.  Any advice is much appreciated.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nothandy

• Sean Hufstedler

• evaappliance

• vee8power

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Hufstedler

As far as both elements getting power when you turn on either bake or broil, this is because the oven uses both elements to preheat and then just uses the element specified for cooking. Measure voltage from BK to L2 out on the board after selecting bake. Make the same measurement from BRL to L2 out. It should be the same 230 the you measured "line to line". Let us know what you find on those.

Measuring voltage from one end of an element to ground doesn't verify it's getting voltage. What you're looking for is about 240 volts from one leg of the element to the other.

Most of the time the L2 relay on the board will be bad when nether element will get proper voltage.

Edited by evaappliance

Ok.  Measuring from orange wire which is L2 out turning on bake or broil then placing the other lead to the corresponding terminal results in no voltage.  Based on the other replys I think I need a new circuit board?

Sean Hufstedler

If the elements are good then it sounds like a new board should fix the problem. If you buy it from repairclinic.com they will take the board back for up to a year if it doesn't fix your problem or if the board fails again.

The resistance on them are 22 and 19.  I was going to run 120 to each side of the elements to make sure they are both good and heat up.

If you read 240 between L2 in and L2 out  with the stove on , you will have a bad board. Very common.