Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Trouble shooting

caine55

How about  adding a troubleshooting section.  It could keep up to date with the latest technology.   Something that a person can type in a problem with a particular appliance and get and Idea what is wrong with it.  Similar to Repair Clinic.   

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• caine55

• Team Samurai
On 10/25/2016 at 4:54 PM, caine55 said:

How about  adding a troubleshooting section.

This entire site is a troubleshooting "section"! The professional appliance repair technician forums in particular are focused on helping technicians troubleshoot specific appliance repair problems. The DIY sections, not so much-- the answers there should be more about which part to replace for a particular problem. 

Samurai's Appliance Repair Video Classroom is a forum with hundreds of videos illustrating specific troubleshooting and repair techniques.

It could keep up to date with the latest technology.

As for keeping up wth new technology, beyond the information provided in the Kitchen and Laundry forums, that is a specific mission of the regular tech training webinars that we do and which are announced in the Calendar and the Newsletter. Many of these webinar recordings may be found in the Professional Appliantologist Webinars Forum

Similar to Repair Clinic.  

RepairClinic is in the business of selling appliance parts to DIYers. As such, their videos are focused on showing how to replace a part versus explaining how to troubleshoot a problem using the schematic, specifications, and tech sheet like real technicians do-- or are supposed to do.

But many appliance servicers today do not know how to think like real technicians. Recognizing this critical skill gap in the industry today is exactly why we started the Master Samurai Tech Academy where people may enroll in affordable, comprehensive, structured online technical training that teaches them the technology of modern computer-controlled appliances and how to to think and troubleshoot like real technicians. 

You are right, of course, the academy provides a wealth of information.  I certainly don't want to compare it with Repair Clinic on any type of technical level.   I guess I was thinking, for example,  all wiring diagrams are basically the same but there are some variations.  If we able to type in wire diagrams or control boards and motors etc..  and maybe get a breakdown or maybe your webinar may come up I don't know.  Something that would get us info fast.  Keep in mind I am just throwing something out there. 

• Team Samurai
On 10/27/2016 at 5:38 PM, caine55 said:

all wiring diagrams are basically the same but there are some variations

They are the same only in the sense that they all show circuits but they vary widely in the details of what they show for each type of appliance and model. And those details make all the difference when troubleshooting. 

If we able to type in wire diagrams or control boards and motors etc

If you know the PUB number of the technical literature you're looking for, you can use that to search the Downloads section. All tech lit in the Downloads include a PUB number (when it's given by the manufacturer).

You can also search the other sections of the site, a particular forum, a specific topic, or even the entire site using a part number and see what comes up. 

For getting part numbers, the parts manual is usually the best source. If you don't find one in the Downloads section, you can post a request in the Appliance Service Manual Requests forum and someone will upload it for you. 

Keep in mind I am just throwing something out there.

That's what this forum is for! I hope I answered some of your questions. 

Another resource that may help you are the videos on the FAQs page. If you haven't watched them already, one shows how to use the multi-faceted search functionality of the site and another goes into a lot of detail on many other aspects of using Appliantology effectively as an information tool.