Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

WFW9550WW00 F20 Failures

UncleDad

I have the afore mentioned Whirlpool Duet.  It's displayed the F20 error before and randomly stops during the cycle.  For the most part it does not display the F20 error.  When accessing the diagnostics, using the 4 second button press jig, F20 is the only error to be seen.  First checked that the hoses, screens, and supply valves were OK.   I replaced the least expensive culprit being the flow meter but got no joy.  It seems like the next step would be either the  3 inlet valve cluster or pressure switch would be next.  Any guidance on where to turn next?  It almost always starts but stops somewhere during the cycle.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UncleDad

• Hiroshi

• johntech

• isaac

Tons of failures related to Analog Level Pressure switch on this model... Part number: WPW10249845

Part number: WPW10249845  Switch to powdered detergent and leave the door open between cycles.                                                  

The old excuse was that moisture from suds corrupts the switch.

Glad to hear that you think it's the level switch.  I have one on order.  I was leaning towards a new level switch and just needed a push.  

Sounds good!  I found some videos showing bad capacitors on the CCU that caused F35 or Suds errors.  I may take a look at these caps.  I'm sure that bad caps can cause all sorts of flakyness.  

No joy with a new level switch :(. It ran a couple of loads without problems then it stopped 10 minutes into a load.  I guess I'll try new inlet valves?? I've cleaned everything, the CCU has had all of its connections reseated, there is a new flow meter.  What could cause this intermittent problem? 

• 5 months later...

Well here we are 5 months later and, knock on wood, no errors or stoppages.  I did run 3-4 Affresh cleanings and equal amounts of rinses. When a cycle is run with no soap and no cloths should there be suds?  My machines generates lots of suds when you do this. 

The saga continues... 

If it is sudsing without adding soap, it means you are "over-soaping" during loads when you DO add detergent... Pods limit the amount of soap to an even amount, but it is best to look for HE powder and only use that... it will not make the disgusting, mold inducing residue that liquids encourage.

• 2 weeks later...

Running a Affresh cleaning cycle this morning.  Getting a LOT OF SUDS.  So much that it's coming out of somewhere and onto the floor.  Is this normal or is it accumulated soap scum from using too much soap in the past?  Lately much less soap is being used and haven't had any stoppages.  Is it possible to dissemble and clean so the sudsing stops? Would that be a BIG project? 

skip the Affresh, just run successive loads of laundry, preferrably with hot water and it will clear up. Might as well get some clothes washed while you are at it!

• 1 month later...

Since starting to use less detergent I've had "KNOCK ON WOOD" no F20 failures.  I do try and run a Affresh treatment once a month.  Hopefully this was all about using too much soap :D

• 3 months later...

Ran a load today and it stopped showing a flashing 37 minutes on the display :angry:.  It'll probably run another 6 months then have a stoppage.  

• 1 year later...

Here I am 1/5/2019 and still limping along with the occasional stoppage. It will run for a couple of months then out of nowhere it stops. We use considerably less soap than before. Assuming my problem is still over-sudsing is it possible to clean the inside of the tub? We still run an Affresh cleaning cycle monthly. As a matter of fact it quit this morning during the cleaning. 

Any suggestions? 

Of course we're grasping at straws... My wife swears we're used Cheer HE liquid for the first time in a long time instead of Tide. Hmmm?

• 2 years later...

Here we are 2 years later and still have the problem off and on. We never see the F20 but we have seen it when the failure occurs. Usually the Power, Start, and Cycle Select are flashing. I hate to buy a new washer when this one generally works. It's quite frustrating when you come down and find that it has failed. 😕