LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Dryer, Model Number DPGT750EC1PL

ancel1961

I have a GE electric dryer, model number DPGT750EC1PL that is not heating and the blower motor is not turning on.

The heating element, high-limit thermostats, and cycling thermostat are all good, but the dryer dryer does not heat up.

After checking the element and thermostats for continuity, reassembling the dryer, turning it on, and checking the exhaust duct for heat, that's when I noticed that the blower motor was not operating.

The drive motor turns. The power outlet and cord are both good. I'm wondering if the problem is the dryer's control board.

Any help you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ancel1961

• johntech

• 16345Ed

• Chat_in_FL

The blower motor would be attached o the drive motor. If it is not turning you would need to find out why it is no longer attached and turning with the motor. As far as not heating goes Did you test that the machine is getting 240vac? If so and element and tstat are good the it could be a motor or control problem, what I do is pull the drum out and trace the wires from the element. One will go to the motor centrifugal switch the other will run to the control board. Disconnect one of them and make sure it is not touching anything and  leave the door switches connected but the door out of the way. If you have a belt switch prop the pulley up. Start the dryer and test for 120v on the wire you disconnected and on the element. Whichever one is missing the 120 is the problem.

Hi John,

This is model is one of those dryers where the blower has it's own motor separate from the drive motor.

The blower motor is part number WE17X10008

The drive motor is part number WE17X10007

The dryer is receiving 240 volts.

Thanks

Hi Ed,

I did some more research on this dryer and found out that the heating element will not come on if the blower motor is not operating properly.

I checked the thermistors which plug into the blower motor and both were within specs.

Unfortunately, I'm looking at replacing the blower motor, and the least expensive one I could find cost $160.

Thanks for trying to help.

I appreciate it

I could be wrong but... The centrifuge switch is in the drum motor if this switch doesn't close L2 won't be sending power to elements. 

Sorry I pulled up the breakdown but did not notice the separate blower motor. If the blower motor is getting voltage but not turning and nothing is in caught in it then I would replace the blower motor.

The blower motor is a DC, variable speed motor capable of operating at different speeds in response to changing air temperature and venting impedances. Below 1000 rpm, the dryer control turns the heater off.

Resistance of the motor windings can be measured at the 10-pin connector on the inverter board or at the motor.

The blower motor has an approximate resistance value of 14Ω between the following wires:
Yellow to Yellow
Red to Red
Blue to Blue

The remaining wires are a ground and feedback through the control for determining motor speed.