Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
edcorsaro

GE washer giving me much grief

7 posts in this topic

Model WWSE5200B1WW. 2 yrs old. doesn't spin or aggitate. Sometimes it does, but most of the time the motor goes on off on off on off. I hear what I think is the centrifical switch on the motor going on off on off. I pulled the belt and the motor runs fine in aggitate. During spin it clicks on off on off. the more pressure I apply to the motor shaft the worst it gets. The pump works fine. Any suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If the supply voltage to the motor is steady, then you need to replace the motor.

00149246.jpg

Where can I get a wiring diagram, or can you tell me which is the hot wire? Thanks

The wiring diagram is inside the control console.  If you need help reading it, post it here or fax it to me, 775-416-4449.

Well, I think I stumbled on the problem. When I turned the cycle speed knob. (you know , the one that changes the spin and aggitate speed. i.e. Gentle, fast ect.) it started to work. I have done 5 loads with no problem. I guess this means I need to buy this switch. Is this true? I couldn't find it on your web site. Thanks. where do I send the beer?

You can get any part you need using the convenient form at the bottom of this page, scroll down. 

Love offerings of beer go to the United Samurai Beer Fund.

[user=806]edcorsaro[/user] wrote:

Well, I think I stumbled on the problem. When I turned the cycle speed knob. (you know , the one that changes the spin and aggitate speed. i.e. Gentle, fast ect.) it started to work. I have done 5 loads with no problem. I guess this means I need to buy this switch. Is this true? I couldn't find it on your web site. Thanks. where do I send the beer?

Ed: Any update on this? My GE WPSE5290AOWW is having the exact same problem. I tried messing with the switch, and I can get it to work, but it is inconsistent. I can do a load w/ no problems, then the next load on the same setting starts clicking during spin.

I also believe it is the switch mechanism, but at $120...I'd like to be damn sure. Thanks.