LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Whirlpool GU1200XTLQ3 - Flashing Sani-Rinse

bdam

Sorry for the odd forum placement.  I'm some sort of legacy member from ApplianceGuru.com so I can't post the regular DIY forum and it seems not in the spirit of this new forum for me to post in the professional forums.  Side note: what happened to ApplianceGuru.com's forums?

Anyhoo, I have a GU1200XTLQ3 dishwasher that has gone astray.  The Sani-Rinse light just blinks.  Thermal fuse is good and door switches are good.  I followed the pinout tests for the panel and they _seemed_ to check out in that each button showed open and then closed when pressed.  However, I was getting constant continuity between pin 2 and 11 although that wasn't explicitly listed in the pinout so I can't say if that's normal or not.  I tried following the panel testing method described here and the pump did not turn on when power was restored so I'm thinking this points to the controller board.

Before I went and bought a board I thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone thinks I'm wrong.

Thanks all,

Bryan

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bdam

• Budget Appliance Repair

I don't think some of the older models have the remove power, disconnect keypad, restore power, close door, pump runs for 2 minutes diagnostics programmed into the board.

A fast blinking LED above a key is a usual indicator of a stuck/shorted keypad.

These boards hardly ever go bad, except for major melt down at main large connector sometimes from bad connections.

The most likely problem is a failed keypad/console assembly - Membrane keypads in all appliances and brands are a weak point.

One suggestion out there was to just leave it unplugged for several hours.  Just got home from work, flipped the breaker on, and it's rinsing as I type.  I'm sure that's not the end of it ... we'll see what happens.

Sorry, I should have first thanked you for your response.  I can't find a tech sheet for this ...  can you tell me if this model has a similar way to test that it's the board versus the keypad?  

Request a tech sheet in the Appliance service manual request.

I'm pretty sure 8283509 is the techsheet/info you will need.

Thanks again.  I would but as a legacy member I don't have access to post there.  I can access the files but not request new ones. Unfortunately it's not behind the access panel.  I'll see if I can find one out in the great tubes of information.