Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Electrolux EIFLW50LIW1 code E9F

Oswalla

So we have had a parts monkey show up to fix my Moms washer. Story goes washer won't start cycle and shows E53 code. PM says Motor control board bad will be 7 days before he gets part. I know where to get parts local from my own diy appliances fixes, so I get part same day put it in. Nope, still won't work, different code now E9F. She calls him back and hes says it's something else, no testing mind you, he can have one in 1.5 weeks. I wanna slap this guy upside the head through the phone. How do they sleep at night ripping off a 74 year old lady. Rant over, sorry had to tell some one. 

Problem as it stands now, code E9F, mb-fcv comm, communications error similar to previous code. I pulled motor out and tested with these results.

1-2 = 3.5 ohms    

1-3 = 3.5 ohms

2-3 = 3.5 ohms

4-5 = 116.8  speed control sensor

First 3 according to spec sheet should be 5.3 +-7%  and 4-5 test should be 118. 

I have run the diagnostic menu on the machine itself, the one where you turn the selector through each cycle. As far as I can tell anytime the motor needs to function it won't run, like the spin cycle and such. The door test might have worked not sure, I think this test it should have released door to open but it didnt, it stayed locked the whole test cycle. I have tech sheet diagram and have youtubed my way to test motor. Do my test results warrant a bad motor ? Or is there another sensor telling the motor not to start. I know from my automotive experience that many sensors can stop a car from starting. I gathered the errors are communication errors and have inspected wiring on main board and motor control board for any hot/burn spots. Connectors all tight and wires soft, I unplugged all connections and replugged to make sure. No sign of corrosion, really clean all over generally. Almost forgot the E9F code is telling me to now replace main board. We can't afford to throw $150 part at his thing. And you guessed it 1 month out of warranty. Electrolux will buy part if a company puts a work order in. No help when tech want $170 to install a $120 part that took me 20 minutes.

Any actual test procedures you can steer me towards we would be appreciative of. Any reading material, tech manuals-wiring diagrams, would be useful too.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oswalla

• 16345Ed

Any techs out there that know motor specs ? I have read that 2 to 4 ohms is ok for the motor, and that 4 to 6 ohms is the good spec. Which answer is correct, or none of the above ?

Anyone know the voltage that the main control is looking for from the motor control board via the motor itself. I have a wiring diagram of the main board now, just need to know what values it is looking for from various parts. Going to check the capacitors on the main board tonight, long shot.

I didnt mention earlier that I am making a 100 mile round trip just to get to Moms house to check things as I go. Sure would like to pin this down if anybody can help. TIA

Tech sheet isn't super helpful, probably why tech stumbled. 

It says...

Wiring bad, correct wiring problem.Wiring good, replace the main control board. If the problem is not corrected, replace the motor control board 

I would pull tech sheet and check to see if Main Board is sending signal to Motor Board. 

Since Motor board was replaced likely the Main board. But check wiring harness connections and continuity of wires first. 

Good luck. 

Edited by 16345Ed

9 hours ago, 16345Ed said:

Tech sheet isn't super helpful, probably why tech stumbled. 

It says...

Wiring bad, correct wiring problem.Wiring good, replace the main control board. If the problem is not corrected, replace the motor control board 

I would pull tech sheet and check to see if Main Board is sending signal to Motor Board. 

Since Motor board was replaced likely the Main board. But check wiring harness connections and continuity of wires first. 

Good luck. 

Yeh tech sheet does not get to involved. I found a tech/service manual and it is not much better. Do they make real service manuals for appliances like automotive manuals ?

I pulled connectors between boards today  and wiring is good. Pulled main board, inspected, capacitors ok, relays ok, no burnt spots.

Signal sent from main board to motor board ? 2 sets of wires between main and motor board. 2 wire set is power, the other is a 4 wire set not sure of function. So if I check wires at motor board for signal am I looking for a specific voltage or just voltage period. This is where a real tech manual would be helpful, arrghhh.

The 4 wire set are likely DC and are data communications lines. One set input one set output. I don't have specs to tell you what to look for exactly. 

But according to tech sheet if motor control board is new and wiring okay. The main control is not sending power to motor control. 

Edited by 16345Ed

Just tested 2 wire set, no power out of main when I ran spin cycle. Drain pump functioned as normal. Door locks and unlocks as it should as well. Basically I can run any cycle, but motor function is not happening. So with that said, is it likely the main board will still function other cycles and just the output for motor will not ? or is there another sensor input that will cut off power to motor ?

The 4 wire set gets 3.8 to 4 volts on each wire down to motor board.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

New main control board. No go, still communication error code E9F. Wires continuity checked, good flow there.

New ideas ??