Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Pressure Switch Error

rwaterson

I have a Trane XR90 propane furnace that is not working for me. I get 3 flashing lights, which specifies that I am getting a Pressure Switch failure. I have done some troubleshooting and the situation is not getting any clearer. If I check continuity on the two connectors on the pressure switch when the inducer fan starts it DOES trigger, so it is sending the "good to go" signal to the control board. But the furnace never tries to light and I get the three flashes. I also checked voltage on the yellow wire going to the pressure switch and I am seeing 27-ish volts, so the board is sending power to it. I am leaning towards the idea that the control board is bad but I would hate to spend that money if that is not the case.

I would really appreciate any insights or help on this issue. Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiroshi

• rwaterson

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Remove the pressure tube and be sure it is clear. Then, remove the terminals from the control board one-by-one and replace them to interrupt any corrosion that may be forming... I would also test for the voltage at inducer start up to be sure the switch is passing the same volts it is receiving.

There is likely a "roll-out" hi limit switch you should check too... the pressure system is basically there to ensure there is positive air-flow before the unit kicks the burners on, think air-flow and inspect everything + change the filter if you haven't already.

Removing the control board and inspecting the solder side for burnt solder joints is also wise.

Provide us with the complete model number and one of the HVAC experts around here will be better able to guide your repair!

Edited by Hiroshi