LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Lennox

nodcay

Just an overview-- I have four new Lennox heat pump/AC units in a house that had a major remodel. Two of the units work fine (heat or cool), however, the other two will heat, but not engage the compressor when the thermostat is put on "cool." I have 240 volts to the connections at the units that do not kick on. Am not at home and will provide the thermostat manufacturer and model number of the Lennox units if it will help. Is this likely a thermostat problem? All breakers are on at the blower units in the attic. Blower fan starts up fine, but the compressors don't come on. All units have the same thermostat. Would it be worth trying to switch them to see if they work on the non-operating units? Thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nodcay,  with the heat pump,  the compressor should be running in both the heat and cool mode.  Sounds to me like it is a wiring issue with the thermostat. Check the wiring on the units that work and make sure the others are wired the same.  Being that they are new units,  check all the wiring and make sure none of the wire nuts dropped off...Ron

Archived