Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

110.22942100 - wet clothes

xman1x

I am working on a 110.22942100 model that wasn't spinning out the clothes completely. I replaced the transmission and clutch and still have the issue. Any suggestions? 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xman1x

• Hiroshi

• Thirstytech

• 16345Ed

Make sure drain hose situation isn't  fubar with siphoning or incorrect drain height. Is it all loads or just heavy stuff?

Also check the timer. Made sure is pauses in between each function of the cycle. It might not pause in between drain and spin, so it just stays on drain until the timer stops. That problem would leave the cloths laying on the bottom sopping wet.

also you can check to make sure the drive block is tight and keyed to the basket drive. that typically causes a loud noise complaint.  

If you observe what Northeast is describing, lift and then close the lid. This will mimic the "pause" in the timer and the transmission should shift when you put the lid back down... If it doesn't shift you need a new neutral pac (leaf spring in the tranny).

I have seen (only three times out of a thousand) that the final spin will not have a long enough duration, it was hard to nail down, until I watched the entire cycle and noticed the final spin was slightly longer than a minute, that is to say: not long enough by far. I tried to find a listing of exactly how many minutes final spin should be for a DD unit, but the manuals all list exact duration of agitate and not final spin...

Replacing the timer fixed the problem. It will fix the pause issue too. Neutral pac spring is a breeze to replace, it is the most common part I have seen fail in direct drive transmissions, followed by a stripped main drive gear, and bad agitator shaft, in order of likelihood.

Edited by Hiroshi

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2016 at 6:43 AM, 16345Ed said:

Have you removed pump and checked for obstructions?

Yes, I have. No obstructions, unfortunately.

On 12/14/2016 at 10:30 AM, Quick said:

A leaking water valve can cause that as well. 

Quick

No leaking from the valve. Hunt continues.

On 12/14/2016 at 9:53 AM, Thirstytech said:

Make sure drain hose situation isn't  fubar with siphoning or incorrect drain height. Is it all loads or just heavy stuff?

This may be a possibility as the drain hose is some cheap universal one from Home Depot. I will try with another. It is with all loads.

I tried another transmission, thinking that I may have just used one that I had in stock that was failing. Upon testing again, the washer worked perfectly and spun the clothes out. However, the second test run through the same issue occurred and the clothes were left soaking. I will try again and pay special attention to the timer. Judging by what you're saying though, it seems like this is the issue.

Just had a washer yesterday with a soggy clothes at the end of spin. I showed up and it spun towels out fine. Customer tells me that some loads are dry & some are soggy. I ran it again and towels were a little wetter at the end. Ran it again and even wetter. Problem was the drain pipe partially plugged and siphoning back more with each load. I ran a load of towels and as soon as it finished I pulled the towels back and saw the water coming back in.

Problem Resolved (Sort of).

After standing over the washer for the entire cycle and still not noticing anything, I decided to start from scratch and take the washer apart and look over everything. The last time I tested it, I noticed that it was making a very slight knocking noise with every rotation and just simply wasn't getting very fast. When I began taking off the agitator, I noticed that the entire drum was very loose. After taking apart the entire agitator, I noticed that entire shaft that encloses the transmission had rotted and rusted away from the base of the drum with the exception of one small piece. Even if this wasn't the reason for the wet clothes, I at least know the washer is toast. 

Thanks everyone for your help.

I'm not sure how to attach pictures in here yet, but it's not the drive block. The inner tub has a shaft that the agitator sits on and the transmission goes through. The bottom of it, where the shaft meets the base, was almost completely rusted away. This is normally one solid piece, and when I removed the agitator the first time to replace the transmission, I only looked at the one side of the tub/shaft that was still in "good" shape and never thought to look at the other side. After I went in last night, I noticed how loose the tub was and figured it was because the drive block wasn't on tight enough. That's when I paid more attention to the entire base of that shaft and saw issue.