Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool Gold GI6SARXXF04 Refrigerator Not Cooling

JSG

Whirlpool Gold GI6SARXXF04 Refrigerator (French door with bottom freezer drawer & water/ice dispenser) is not cooling.  Noticed water dripping from the ice dispenser.  Ice in the hopper was melting which alerted me that the unit was not cooling.  Lights work, water pump works but there is no fan/compressor activity that I can hear.  Food relocated and ice maker turned off.  By this morning the unit was about room temp in the freezer and fridge areas.  How can I tell where the problem lies?  Have seen conflicting info on how to make sure the motors and condenser and working or not.  If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.  I have a multimeter, but not a whole lot of experience.  I have replaced the drain hose on this model previously so I'm not a total idiot no matter what my wife says.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JSG

• abaesemann

• evaappliance

Top Posters In This Topic

This may sound stupid but is the control for cooling turned on. I had one same complaint and get to customers house and someone in the home had turned it off and no one knew.

18 hours ago, abaesemann said:

This may sound stupid but is the control for cooling turned on. I had one same complaint and get to customers house and someone in the home had turned it off and no one knew.

That's not stupid at all.  I did check to see if that was the issue.  I also shut down the ice maker once I realized the unit was not cooling.  Thank you for responding.

10 hours ago, evaappliance said:

Unplug it for about 30 min. Then plug it back in and see what happens

I had already unplugged it to remove the fan motor.  I finally called someone out to look at it.  He put the motor back on, plugged the fridge in and everything started up like nothing had ever been wrong with it.  I didn't know whether to be angry that I hadn't done this on my own or happy that it was working again.  I decided to go with happy.  Thanks for responding to my post. Hopefully you won't hear back from me for a while.