Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

refrigerator

Hi guys.

I have purchased a Samsung Smart Refrigerator (RF28HMELBSR) about 2 years ago which came with an 8" touch screen display. Recently I've been having problems with the display and would like to remove the display unit to diagnose the issue. I have been unable to find the service manual for my refrigerator online; however, I have found one for the fridge RF28HMEDBSR which I thought was similar. Unfortunately, the instructions for that fridge do not seem to match the one with the touchscreen. Does anyone know how to remove this thing?

Here are some pictures. http://imgur.com/a/VgLV4

Thank you!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• refrigerator

• Hiroshi

Grasshoppahs cannot download technical documents, but upon reading the fast track manual, here is what it says to do:

1. remove one screw from underneath the display, slightly right of dead-center
  2. Pull the display toward you from the bottom and it should release- be sure not to pull it too far without releasing the wiring from its connector.

Do you have a multi-meter? 

There are specific voltages you can test for at the CN50 connector on the main control board to see if the display is receiving the proper voltage, if it is, but does not illuminate,

you will need a new display. If there is no voltage at the specified pins of the CN50 connection, you will need a main control board... looks like you should get:

CN50 Connector

pins 3 to 5 = 12vDC

pins 4 to 5 = 5VDC

(pin 5 being GRND)

7 hours ago, Hiroshi said:

Grasshoppahs cannot download technical documents, but upon reading the fast track manual, here is what it says to do:

1. remove one screw from underneath the display, slightly right of dead-center
  2. Pull the display toward you from the bottom and it should release- be sure not to pull it too far without releasing the wiring from its connector.

Which screw do I remove? There are 3 screws as seen in the pictures. Two on the right and one on the left side. I removed all of them but it won't release.

Does just the silver frame come out or does the ice chute come out with it? So when I pull the display do I place my hand inside the chute and pull? If, so how hard do you need to pull, because I gave it a good amount of force and it didn't want to release.

Is it possible you just take a picture of the page in the manual talking about removing the display?

Thank you.

I have a request in to see if I can get some more specific info on this specific dispensary... The display in the fast track doesn't look EXACTLY like the one in your pics, so it probably has a tab hiding somewhere to keep the stainless trim tight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2017 at 8:51 AM, Hiroshi said:

I have a request in to see if I can get some more specific info on this specific dispensary... The display in the fast track doesn't look EXACTLY like the one in your pics, so it probably has a tab hiding somewhere to keep the stainless trim tight.

Any word on how to remove the dispensary?