LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung Part Lookup help and tips

Electrotech

!Hello Gents!

I am sure many of you struggle with Samsung parts ordering as do I, but I am hoping there is one among you that doesnt! and can maybe shed some light on the situation for me.  I am not a samsung authorized servicer, but I do work on these products on a regular basis.  I have been using searspartsdirect.com for my part lookup needs but have often received wrong parts or looked up incorrect numbers using their website.  Appliantology has been a great resource for tech diagrams, but I am lacking in the part lookup department.

I am a bit confused on the Revision numbers that are often displayed as a 0003 at the end of a model number

Example: RF263BEAESR/AA-0003

now if I were to search for RF263BEAESR on sears website I often get several of these Revisions popping up.  One of my questions is what defines the revision number when I am looking at the model and serial tag.

Example: samsung-refrigerator_51452.jpg

There is a REV number of .03 on the top sticker (which is not ALWAYS there) and then there is a REV (0.8) at the bottom of the lower sticker.  This has always been unclear in my mind and has often left me with uncertainty when ordering.  

My second question is what do the rest of you who are not samsung authorized use to lookup parts?

Thanks again for all your help fellas!

Chris
With Electrotech Appliance Repair------ OUT

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johntech

• Electrotech

• Joe B, Stoughton Appliance Repair

• TechChristine

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

TechChristine

I am an authorized samsung servicer, but have a tip for you that will hopefully help because yes sears is wrong most of the time! ^_^ Even if you use the rev. # most samsung parts have the part number on a sticker right on them especially the control boards and ice makers , it will be a long set of numbers with the part # right in the middle of it. Hopefully someone else knows of another place besides sears for you! Hope this helps you some! 

Christine

I belive the revision .08 is for sticker part number da99-01985x,  Revision .03 is for the refrigerator model. Normally the sticker on the  left side of the refrigerator will have the version number. That is where Samsung wants us to get the info from and they say if customer removes the ugly sticker from the side then they are out of luck. Without being an asc you don't really have access to parts look up thru Samsung and I have not found a supplier that does not lead me wrong from time to time so I reccommend looking on several sites to confirm parts or you could call Samsung customer service and they will give you part numbers but you will still need the version number. Part numbers are normally on the parts but if they have updated the part you may not get the latest and greatest part.

• 1 year later...

Similar question different model. On mine the upper sticker reads Rev 01

I was told Samsung does/used to count from zero. 

Is Rev 01 

-000 or -001

??

Thanks!