Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Washer repair videos not matching my machine?

N9ZN-Extra

I have what is labeled a Maytag PAV2300AWW series 12 washer I need to replace the barrel drive assembly and sunbber ring on. I ordered the parts for this model along with a new water valve and spanner wrench.

When I took the agitator out I found there is no CLIP or SPANNER NUT. Instead the tub appears to be held in place by 4 bolts about 11/4 inch long immediately outside the center hole where the drive shaft comes out.

I removed the 4 tub bolts a but can not get the inner tub to move let alone come out. I am at a loss, no videos can be found showing the machine inner tub I have and the videos for the model number on the control panel of my machine show a completely different inner tub situation, no 4 bolts and a spanner nut instead.

Manufacturers should be fined or closed down when they build deceiving crap like this. Especially when you can not rely on following directions to repair the model only Not only can I not get the inner tub out I also can not move the control panel back or remove the front and side of the machine. Nothing matches the videos I have found other than the machine looks the same on the outside.

I FEEL SO SCREWED NOW AND AM LEFT WONDERING IF ANY OF THE PARTS I ORDERED WILL EVEN FIT THE MACHINE.

IS IT TIME TO GIVE UP, LOOSE THE MONEY SPENT ON EXPENSIVE PARTS AND TAKE THIS MAYTAG TO OUR LOCAL DUMP?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• N9ZN-Extra

• Hiroshi

• johntech

• evaappliance

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured out why I kept getting directed to videos that did not match my Maytag washer.

I had been typing into Google "Maytag PVA2300AWW basket drive assembly videos", a dumb mistake on my part. Search engines took me to the best match for (basket drive) even though the Maytag does not use the type of basket drive assembly used in my old washing machine. That coupled with an assumption I had been taken to the correct videos led me way off track.

Worst part is I knew better and YES I  AM BLAIMING THIS ON OLD AGE. Too bad no one offers mind repair parts. :-)

The machine says maytag but it is really a magic chef , search for a magic chef tear down videos 

22 hours ago, N9ZN-Extra said:

Too bad no one offers mind repair parts. :-)

I can get you a refurbished  frontal cortex on the cheap as long as you don't mind the install being done in my van while parked in a dark alley.

A bit of trepanning lets the demons out!

To replace the snubber ring, remove the washtub springs, drain hoses, and pressure switch tube and lift the whole she-bang out as one, flip it over and loosen the fasteners very carefully as the brake spring is quite strong... I loosen them all about 1/4 of the way around the perimeter, then remove the rest of the way once the majority of the spring tension has been relieved.