LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

REFRIGERATOR GE PSC23SHMDBS

CARLOSLIMA

Hi. My name is Carlos and I live in Brazil. I have some problems with refrigerator General Electric Side by Side model PSC23SHMDBS. When I try to change the temperature I can. But a few seconds after a temperature just comes back to previously set. For example: when I turn on the refrigerator the default temperature is 27F (freezer) and 56F (refrigerator), those numbers sometimes change. Then I change to 3 and 46, for instance. But about 3 seconds later 27F and 56F come back. Please help me.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CARLOSLIMA

• 16345Ed

• Hiroshi

After you set temps to 3 and 46                   (I recommend 0 and 38) the display is simply returning to display current temps in compartments. Wait and they should drop. 

Thanks for your comments. When I try set 46 I cannot. When the temp achive 44 the refrigerator turn off. Then I set 0 and 38 but the temps returned.

Need to check your thermistors. The control temps by sending data to control board. 

The refrigerator is doing exactly what it should, set temps always revert back to what the machine "thinks" the actual temps are - but it is not cold enough.

If you do not have sufficient AC voltage, you will have problems. If the freezer is holding a steady 27 degrees F, you may have a defrost failure or a sealed system failure.