Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
  • Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Webinar Recordings Index Page   11/07/2017

On-demand appliance repair training videos for Professional Appliantologist members Over 30 hours (and growing!) of original, high quality appliance training webinars developed and given by yours truly are at your fingertips, on topics you won't find anywhere else. Fill in those knowledge gaps, strengthen those areas of uncertainty, and boost your skills. Watch on mobile or desktop at your convenience whenever, wherever.  Ultra Short Primer on Basic Electricity, Circuits, Ohm's Law, and Schematic Reading (Length: 1:04:48) Basic Refrigerator Troubleshooting (Length: 1:10:45) Schematic Reading Workshop, 10/2015 (Length 1:19:08) Troubleshooting Strategies for Computer-Controlled Appliances (Length: 48:34) Semiconductors and PN Junctions (Length: 1:04:37) Appliance Temperature Sensing Devices & Technology (Length: 1:27:33) Voltage Measurements, Meters, Ghost Voltages, and Triac-controlled Neutrals (Length: 1:29:32) Troubleshooting with Tech Sheets, Part 1, 4/2016 (Length: 1:09:26) Troubleshooting with Tech Sheets, Part 2, 4/2016 (Length: 1:21:11) Tech Sheet Review, 4/9/2016: Bosch Speed Cooker, Amana Refrigerator, GE Glass Cooktop Range (Length: 1:22:58) Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Switches used in Samsung Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) (Length: 27:07) PWM Computer Cooling Fan in a Whirlpool Refrigerator (Length: 14:53) Understanding AC Split-phase Household Power Supplies (Length: 52:41) Troubleshooting a Samsung Electric Dryer without Disassembly using Live Tests and the Schematic (Length: 22:47) Troubleshooting a Bosch Dishwasher No-Heat Problem using the Schematic and Live Tests (Length: 15:38) Linear Motors and Linear Compressors (Length: 55:54) Bi-directional PSC Drive Motor Systems in Whirlpool VM Washers (Length: 56:52) Appliance Service Call Structure and Troubleshooting Strategies (Length: 1:00:16) The Ten Step Troubleshooting Tango and Workshop Exercises (Length: 1:35:39) Troubleshooting Ten-Step Tango Advanced Workshop (Length: 1:32:06) Ten-Step Tango Troubleshooting Workshop: Refrigerators (Length: 1:35:57) Whirlpool Duet Washer Schematic Analysis & Whirlpool Dryer Moisture Sensor System (Length: 1:03:04) Neutral Vs. Ground, Inverter Microwave, Digital Communications, Loading Down in DC loads, and more! (Length: 1:14:45) Gas Oven Service Call After a Parts Changing Monkey (Length: 36:04) AFCI and GFCI Circuit Protection Technology (Length: 41:26) Troubleshooting Samsung Refrigerators and more (Length: 1:29:58) 3-way Valves and Dual Evaporator Refrigerators (Length: 1:15:45) Split-Phase Compressors and PTC Start Devices (Length: 1:11:57) Gas Dryer Ignition Systems (Length: 53:50) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 1 (Length: 43:07) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 2 (Length: 1:09:09) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 3 (Length: 1:11:56) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 4 (Length: 37:45) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 5 (Length: 16:35) To access these webinars and all the other info-goodies here at Appliantology, become a Professional Appliantologist today. If you need cost-effective, time-flexible, state-of-the-art appliance technical training, check out the Master Samurai Tech Academy.
    • Son of Samurai

[Webinar] Appliantology Workshop   11/09/2017

Information is the name of the game in the appliance repair trade today. Appliantology is a powerful information tool for the professional appliance repair technician. But just like with any of the more capable tools in your tool bag, many of the more powerful features are hidden from you unless you "read the manual." Ugh! Who wants to do that? Well, this is one time when you don't have to! In this webinar, Team Samurai will personally walk you through the site and show you many of the useful and powerful features that even long-time users probably never knew existed.   
LoganHausherr

Bosch electric dryer motor sounds horrible!!

LoganHausherr

I have a bosch 500 nexxt series electric dryer. The motor sounds horrible so I replaced it with a brand new one. The new motor has the same problem, it's very loud and shuts off around 10 seconds. It smells like the motor is getting hot. I disconnected the blower wheel and the belt, no change. I don't see a capacitor anywhere. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm thinking maybe the relay or maybe the wiring is bad in the house or the machine (I just moved into this place). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hiroshi

"double phasing" motors will overheat and sound terrible as the start winding and run winding are doing battle because they are energized at the same time...

what is the full model number of the machine as it appears on the model / serial tag?

LoganHausherr

I'm not sure what the model number is. I couldn't seem to find it. It's bosch nexxt 500 plus series buy don't know much more or where the model number is located. 

LoganHausherr
1 hour ago, Hiroshi said:

"double phasing" motors will overheat and sound terrible as the start winding and run winding are doing battle because they are energized at the same time...

what is the full model number of the machine as it appears on the model / serial tag?

The only numbers I see are on the inside bottom of the door 9000351388 and it's a bosch nexxt 500 plus series. 

LoganHausherr

I figured out the problem. Turns out the wiring was incorrect inside the plug receptacle. The neutral and hot wires weren't in the right position. 

Hiroshi

Wrong from the factory, or did someone tamper with the evidence??

LoganHausherr
On 3/22/2017 at 1:17 PM, Hiroshi said:

Wrong from the factory, or did someone tamper with the evidence??

The dryer was wired correctly, the house I just moved into was wired incorrectly. I decided to put the bosch dryer on the back burner for now and bought another used dryer. That dryer gave me a e61 code. After a little bit of research I found the wiring was incorrect inside the plug receptacle attached to the wall. The neutral and hot wires were reversed. Fixed that problem and now everything works fine. 

Hiroshi

ahhhh, ok, I thought you were referring to the motor plug! They call that reversed polarity... thank you for the update.

Doris24
On 3/22/2017 at 8:21 PM, LoganHausherr said:

I figured out the problem. Turns out the wiring was incorrect inside the plug receptacle. The neutral and hot wires weren't in the right position. 

I had the same issue with the Bosch dryer I bought for my new apartment a few months ago, different model though... since it was under warranty I got it replaced immediately and problem solved.

16345Ed
2 hours ago, Doris24 said:

I had the same issue with the Bosch dryer I bought for my new apartment a few months ago, different model though... since it was under warranty I got it replaced immediately and problem solved.

His problem wasn't with the Appliance, his household wiring was wrong.