Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bosch electric dryer motor sounds horrible!!

LoganHausherr

LoganHausherr

I have a bosch 500 nexxt series electric dryer. The motor sounds horrible so I replaced it with a brand new one. The new motor has the same problem, it's very loud and shuts off around 10 seconds. It smells like the motor is getting hot. I disconnected the blower wheel and the belt, no change. I don't see a capacitor anywhere. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm thinking maybe the relay or maybe the wiring is bad in the house or the machine (I just moved into this place). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoganHausherr

• Hiroshi

• 16345Ed

• Doris24

"double phasing" motors will overheat and sound terrible as the start winding and run winding are doing battle because they are energized at the same time...

what is the full model number of the machine as it appears on the model / serial tag?

LoganHausherr

I'm not sure what the model number is. I couldn't seem to find it. It's bosch nexxt 500 plus series buy don't know much more or where the model number is located. 

LoganHausherr
1 hour ago, Hiroshi said:

"double phasing" motors will overheat and sound terrible as the start winding and run winding are doing battle because they are energized at the same time...

what is the full model number of the machine as it appears on the model / serial tag?

The only numbers I see are on the inside bottom of the door 9000351388 and it's a bosch nexxt 500 plus series. 

LoganHausherr

I figured out the problem. Turns out the wiring was incorrect inside the plug receptacle. The neutral and hot wires weren't in the right position. 

LoganHausherr
On 3/22/2017 at 1:17 PM, Hiroshi said:

Wrong from the factory, or did someone tamper with the evidence??

The dryer was wired correctly, the house I just moved into was wired incorrectly. I decided to put the bosch dryer on the back burner for now and bought another used dryer. That dryer gave me a e61 code. After a little bit of research I found the wiring was incorrect inside the plug receptacle attached to the wall. The neutral and hot wires were reversed. Fixed that problem and now everything works fine. 

ahhhh, ok, I thought you were referring to the motor plug! They call that reversed polarity... thank you for the update.

On 3/22/2017 at 8:21 PM, LoganHausherr said:

I figured out the problem. Turns out the wiring was incorrect inside the plug receptacle. The neutral and hot wires weren't in the right position. 

I had the same issue with the Bosch dryer I bought for my new apartment a few months ago, different model though... since it was under warranty I got it replaced immediately and problem solved.

2 hours ago, Doris24 said:

I had the same issue with the Bosch dryer I bought for my new apartment a few months ago, different model though... since it was under warranty I got it replaced immediately and problem solved.

His problem wasn't with the Appliance, his household wiring was wrong.