Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

No ice. Side by side Kenmore Model 106.58582892

top_notch

Stopped making ice.  Pulled ice maker cover and jumped leads to initiate a harvest cycle.  No go.  Replaced module.

Can jump leads and initiate a cycle but still no ice.   Water never flows.  BUT, if I jump leads V and L, water flows so the tube is not frozen.  Yet still no ice.

Looking for suggestions.

thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• top_notch

• evaappliance

• 16345Ed

• johntech

Top Posters In This Topic

When the ice maker calls for water on its own , the current to the valve runs through the mold heater reducing the voltage to the valve a little, crossing it out like that puts the full 120 voltage to it , so maybe the valve needs replaced too.?

Yes, I am removing the jumper after the 'tick'.   Harvest cycle goes, but no water at the end.  

I don't recall the exact temp of the freezer, but when I tested it the temp was in the correct range.

18 minutes ago, top_notch said:

Yes, I am removing the jumper after the 'tick'.   Harvest cycle goes, but no water at the end.  

I don't recall the exact temp of the freezer, but when I tested it the temp was in the correct range.

I like to eliminate easy stuff and you didn't mention temp. 

How about door switch?

temp. doesn't keep it from calling for water when you cycle it manually.  with it cycling at all it will not be the door switch 

5 hours ago, evaappliance said:

temp. doesn't keep it from calling for water when you cycle it manually.  with it cycling at all it will not be the door switch 

Didn't seem like it did cycle or I mis understood. 

He only got water when he jumped valve at module I thought. 

Sorry if I confused matters. 

I only get water when I jump the valve at the module.  Otherwise, the icemaker will go through it's gyrations but water will never dispense.

I thought if I get water when I jump the module that the water solenoid is working correctly.  It also verified to me that the tube is not frozen.  Wouldn't that also verify that the door switch is not an issue?

Not sure what else it could be.  

I'm almost at my wits end with this thing.  I may have to call someone in.  My daughter plays sports and we go through a lot of ice!

No worrys ed , :)   I think you need a valve top notch, remember the explanation in my earlyer post :)