Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

F-P Dishdrawer DD603 not draining, can't get in to harware output test mode

PEvans

One of the drawers stopped draining. I successfully tested the rotor and drain using the hardware test mode.

Now I find I can't get in to the hardware test mode for either drawer using Keylock + Start/Pause (could be user error?). Instead, it goes into some sort of delay countdown setting.

FWIW I have already addressed the classic "dishdrawer won't drain" problems with twin inlet air gap, upgraded pivot link support and upgraded lid actuators.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PEvans

• AccApp

Try unplugging it for a bit, It's also possible you have lost one of the buttons functionality. Try the other drawer to see if you can get it into test mode. Should be a tech sheet behind the lower drawer.

I unplugged the unit for about 30 sec then plugged it in again.

I can't get in to the hardware test mode on either drawer; it's just press and hold Keylock, then press Start/Pause for 5 seconds, right?

Only the top drawer has not draining problem; the bottom drawer seems to operate OK.

Bumping this, still hoping for some insight.

I realized the hardware test mode is only available with the power off, so that was user error.

I still have the problem of the top drawer not draining during the regular cycle, even though the rotor does operate in the drain direction, and drains the tub, from the hardware test mode. The bottom drawer seems to be fine. Could this be a problem with the controller for the top drawer?

Bumping this, still hoping for some insight.

I realized the hardware test mode is only available with the power off, so that was user error.

I still have the problem of the top drawer not draining during the regular cycle, even though the rotor does operate in the drain direction, and drains the tub, from the hardware test mode. The bottom drawer seems to be fine. Could this be a problem with the controller for the top drawer?

(sorry for the double post)

Try swapping controllers from drawer to drawer and see if the problem persists.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried swapping controllers but it did not correct the problem - the upper drawer still doesn't drain with the lower drawer's controller. I had tried swapping rotors also, and that did not correct it.

Could it be the upper drawer's motor? If so, how hard is that to replace?

The motor is comprised of two parts, the stator which is in the base of the drawer and the rotor which has pump impellers on either end, drain on the bottom and wash on top. If it drains quickly enough in test mode then the motor is okay. Compare it's drain time with a fixed quantity of water with the bottom drawer.

• 1 month later...

I'm back after  an absence.

To drain 1/2 gallon of water:

top drawer: 6:40

bottom drawer: 0:30

top drawer with rotor from bottom drawer: 2:54

With the spray arm off I could see the top drawer rotor was spinning fine.

So it had to be some sort of blockage of the water passages. In fact, it turned out to be an obstruction in the channel from the drain to the rotor cavity. I had snaked this with a zip tie earlier and had not found anything. This time I did the same thing and the obstruction came out.

So I guess the moral of the story with Dish Drawer non-draining issues is to check the air gap and the water passages in the tub really carefully before you start ordering parts.

Thanks all for the guidance, as always.