Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Add Pictures to Topic

strumpfman

I often have trouble adding photographs to a new post because the total size is very limited.

I find all special programs like" photo bucket " to complicated and found a very easy solution.

If I want to share any pictures I take on a job, which are usually between 1 and 1.5 mB. Before I start a new

post I share them  from my Samsung phone with my E-Mail. When doing so my phone asked me if I

want to send original or reduced. When I choose reduced and small the size of the picture

goes down to 10% of the original size. By doing so I can now add 4 or 5 picture to a new post.

Problem solved!!

• Team Samurai

Good that you found something that works for you! You can also use the Gallery here at Appliantology for photos. Simply upload them there, and then link to them in your post. The Gallery has unlimited space, so you can upload as many photos there as you need.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I find the extra steps quite annoying.  Isn't there software on a website that can automatically resize photos?  

• Team Samurai
36 minutes ago, Lorainfurniture said:

Isn't there software on a website that can automatically resize photos?  

Flickr does this. You can open a free account and then pick the size you want to upload to link to in your post.

I understand the work around, it's just an extra step.  Compounding difficulties when working from a smartphone.  

Craigslist automatically resizes photos, I know the technology exists.  

Been many posts I'd like to have added pics to but didn't because of the size requirements. 

• Team Samurai
5 hours ago, Lorainfurniture said:

Craigslist automatically resizes photos, I know the technology exists.  

The Gallery makes multiple sizes of each uploaded photo. Don't know if image attachments to a post have this functionality.

Testing image resizing on attachments...

IMG_4781.JPG

• Team Samurai

Looks like that resized correctly. That image is 2.2 mb. 

I'll look into this further. 

• Team Samurai

Okay, I've removed the attachment size restriction for the Professional Appliantologist group. Let's use it for a bit and see if plays nice on the site.

BTW, you can manage all your attachments:

Desktop: click your username in the upper RH corner of your screen > My Attachments

Phone: hamburger symbol upper RH corner > Account > My Attachments

21 hours ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

Phone: hamburger symbol upper RH corner > Account > My Attachments

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, hamburgers . .. . .  . lol. 

• Team Samurai

Okay, that didn't last long.

I remembered why the attachment limit was set so low, and it wasn't because of image re-sizing. It's because people were attaching whole manuals to posts instead of uploading them to the Downloads section. It just happened again and this reminded me. 

As attachments, manuals are not searchable, the searchable library does not grow, and others do not benefit in the future. Manual search is a mission-critical feature of this site. 

Image search is not mission-critical. It's nice if they are in the Gallery but it's not necessary.

I've changed the setting for attachment types to allow only images. Documents of any size can no longer be attached to posts nor should they ever be- documents should be uploaded to the Downloads section so they can get indexed and become a searchable resource for other members. 

Professional Appliantologist members may post image attachments of any size from phone or desktop.

• 3 weeks later...

Testing...

This is my pic of the day from yesterday.

A dog, cats, chickens and then this pile of laundry so heavy i couldn't just kick it out of the way to get to the freezer to the left of the pile.

And.. fire hazard?

20170814_134950.jpg

Cool, it works! Thanks scott!

Edited by smee123
  • Like 1

• Team Samurai
3 minutes ago, smee123 said:

And.. fire hazard?

:burnin::burnin::burnin: