LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

maytag washer MHWE250XL00, locks on starts never spin and never unlock unless unplugged and manualy unlocked

simon9991

simon9991

My maytag MHWE250XL00 , door stay locked as soon as i click start and the motor never runs , had an error f6e1 once , now it only says 88 , ive checked the wire between ccu and mcu , to finaly see that my mcu had a burned spot , the 120volt arrive at mcu and all panel switch are bypassed, will the door lock be also solved if i change the mcu, is it the MCU protecting the machine by keeping the door locked ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simon9991

• 16345Ed

Top Posters In This Topic

simon9991

My MCU chip had a burnt path , since i had nothing to lose i Tin welded that path to let current pass , tried the ''fixed'' MCU and not working , removed MCU and theres more burnt path now , wondering if the new MCU i ordered will solve things. either the mcu burning itself or something on the washer it making it burn ?  im confused Sorry :(

It will likely fix the problem, you should check the wiring harness from main control to MCU insure continuity on all wires and no shorts. 

simon9991

thanks for the answer , its wierd how Maytag retailer here told me its likely not the mcu because they never changed an mcu, they dont have one in hand. and everywhere on the web i see people with bad MCU causing all sort of problems

• 2 weeks later...

Update : i replaced my MCU , and its still not working , as of now when i sttart the automatic diagnostic test , water fills up , then i get an F6e1 then it drains , and door unlocks . i checked all the wire betweens mcu and mcc..... when i press start to start a normal cycle , the door locks and nothing happens if i press start again the timer flashes even if i power off the washer .... could my MCC be defect too ?  btw my panel switches are both soldered together to bypass them .