LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

LG TROMM WM2487HRM Washing Machine LE Code

JapanMan43

JapanMan43

Hello,

I'm having issues with my LG Tromm front-loading wash machine. I keep getting the dreaded LE code and cannot seem to fix it. I have replaced the Hall sensor twice (Part # 650KW2002A) and the Hall sensor wire harness (Part# 6877ER1016F). I've done a visual inspection of all wiring and everything seems in excellent or new condition. I've also switched to an HE detergent but admittedly was not using one when the trouble began. I have run several empty loads with vinegar to clean the unit with success but once loaded with clothes, the machine fills and begins to agitate and then I get the error and the machine stops. Very frustrating. My next action is to replace the main circuit board but wanted to consult here first. Any and all help provided will be very much appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john63

• JapanMan43

• Daniel Rufledt

Top Posters In This Topic

JapanMan43

Awesome! I'll give this a shot tomorrow and get back to you. Thank you very much. This forum is invaluable to do-it-yourselfers like me. 

"LE" error= Locked Rotor Error.

52 minutes ago, JapanMan43 said:

the machine fills and begins to agitate and then I get the error and the machine stops. 

That description tells us....the error occurs when the washer is well underway into the wash cycle.

The most common cause is a weak connection in the STATOR (fails under load).

Older models LG washers were potential candidates for this symptom. Stator production was improved...eliminating the difficult-to-find-cause LE errors.

I would disconnect all plugs on the Main Board...and reconnect. Then test the washer with loads of laundry to verify that the error does not return.

In your case...if the error is triggered again when using the washer...I would order the Stator from either appliancepartspros.com or repairclinic.com.

Both of these online retailers offer a full 1 year warranty on *any* part (minus return shipping).

If the Stator does not solve the nuisance LE errors...return it...then order the Main Board.

My original post had nothing to do with the LE error. My mistake.

JapanMan43

Copy all. In progress now. Will update shortly. 

Twelve thousand two hundred sixteenth WM2487HRM washer built the month of March 2007:)

JapanMan43

Ok. Thank you. Update: I did the procedures you suggested in your original post regarding the Thermister before seeing your post to disregard. I used dielectric grease on both the Hall sensor harness connectors and the Thermister harness connectors and funny thing is, it has now run two full load cycles of heavy towels. Only thing I can say is damned crazy machine.  

Keep an eye on it.

That plug connector has nothing to do with an LE error though.

A Thermistor feedback error will be "tE" rather than "LE".

If an LE error returns...try disconnecting/reconnecting plugs on Main Board.

JapanMan43

Ok. Thank you. What do you think was my issue? 

My experience has been that...given your description posted earlier...the Stator has a weak solder near the plug.

Usually triggers an LE error...randomly.

LG published a Service Bulletin on this as well. 

JapanMan43

Understand. Can you tell me what the second plug/sensor on the stator is? 

The larger plug on the Stator...is the power connection.

The smaller plug is the Hall Effect Sensor (AKA: Rotor Position Sensor).

JapanMan43

Ok so it would have nothing to do with the issue. Thank you. 

Correct.

Having raplaced the Hall Sensor twice...as well as the Motor Wire Harness...those can safely be ruled out as the cause.

JapanMan43

Well, we've done about ten loads in the machine now with no issues. Surely as I've said this it will begin again but my fingers are crossed. Thank you very much for your help. JapanMan out. 

• 3 years later...

SO i have one like that won’t do a large load without the code Le coming up. It will do smallloads. I replaced the hall sensor and same Le code comes up. Should i replace the stator as the main board is Nla.  Thanks. 

If the washer is a 2009 or older model...

Always replace the Hall Sensor and Motor Wire Harness together.

2010 and newer...just the Motor Harness.