Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool Duet WFW9640XW00 F25 code

dsgreen3

I am getting a F25 code on my Whirlpool front loading washing machine model wfw9640xw00. The motor shaft will turn if I take the belt off but I can grab it with my hand and stop it. Is this a bad motor or motor control unit or culd it be some thing else.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dsgreen3

• Hiroshi

• Budget Appliance Repair

• 16345Ed

I for got to mention this is a front loading Duet. Also what I mean that motor shaft will turn with the belt shaft is it will turn under power with the belt off. It will also turn by spinning the drum it justn't have any torque when running.

The motor ohms out to my paper work 6 ohms between pins 1&2, 2&3 and 1&3. Tach ohms out to 115 ohms at pins 4&5. Motor spins freely in both directions. I don't see any brushes on this motor. Pulley for drum spins freely in both directions and belt looks good. I pulled out the MCU and the board does not have any burnt spots. The drain catch is empty and the washer pumps out water. Thinking it still might be the MCU but I don't want to drop $350.00 on a part that might not fix problem. Any here please help.

I didn't think anyone took returns on electronic parts once opened?

Electronic and Gas parts are almost universally non-returnable, (especially at any brick-n-mortar/regular local store).

I don't know how these online companies can afford to do this but they do!!!!

The parts partner here: Appliance Parts Pros and one other online company that I know of that also use to be used on this site has this policy, 365 day return for any part for any reason, only out shipping both ways.

RepairClinic also takes returns of any kind for 365 days- they are, in fact, owned by Sundberg- who will NOT take electronic returns at their actual stores, so I am with Budget in not knowing how that all works...

Some where on the internet I read some thing about removing the connector with the two blue wires from the MCU and the machine will try to run. I guess that connector is the wires for the MCU and CCU to commmunicate to each other. My question is does this really show anything useful my washer already does every thing but turn the motor with torque?

No, the consensus is for you to get the new MCU at APP and minimize your risk. These are hard machines to sort out at times, so often, it comes down to making an educated decision part-wise and seeing where it leads