LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Asko D1706 Dishwash pan full, leaking

bingo

Hi all,  just week I've had two occurrences where the pan of my trusty D1706 Asko dishwasher has been full (and overflowed). After drying it all out and looking for  leaks during all cycles and drains I am stumped.

Attached to the inside top edge of the steel access panel there's a line of spongy foam padding (looks like carpet pad) which was saturated. There's also a plastic "drip sheild" (part #8058486) that I presume is to catch drips from above. 

I don't think the door was open or full of water any more than normal use, but this wet foam is my only clue. Does this point to any solution for any of you veteran Samurai?

Thanks, Steve

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bingo

• Tim M

• Rhubarb Tau

Top Posters In This Topic

If the padding on the back of the toe-kick is wet, I think you've found your leak, or at least source of overflow. The toe-kick is shaped to direct any water that overflows from the wash tub into the pan, to trigger the float switch. If the padding at the top of the kick is wet, the unit has overfilled and the excess water was funneled down into the pan.

I'd check the inlet valve for weeping when off (look at the grill on the right side of the unit, see if there's a trickle of water coming down). If not, check the normal fill levels. Start several wash cycles (let it drain and fill), then look at the fill level against a reference point in the tub (the diverter take-off tube is a good one, if this unit has it). Compare the fill levels from a handful of fills, and if there's more than ~1/16" variation, might want to put the unit in time-fill.

If it comes to that, post the ART number (107...) and we can give you directions.

Check the float switch itself.  Does it move up and down, or is it stuck.  When it moves, do you hear a click?  Remove float part and clean out gookus.  If there is a click, you might still want to test the switch itself.

I'm away for a few days and I will check and get back to you. Thanks for the replies.
Rhubarb:  are you referring to the 4" dia circle with louvers on the right wall?  It looks dry now but it hasn't run in 2 days. What part of the cycle would it be tricking? ANd what's a time-fill? (I'm just a DIY homeowner)
Tim M: Should l feel behind the power junction to find the float?