LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE Front Load Waxher WCVH6800J1WW

WJNurphy

GE WCVH6800J1WW Machine stalled during wash cycle. could not get control board into test mode (didn't respond to signal, delay start, signal, delay start). I was told I needed a new control board. Replaced exactly as instructed and empty machine ran through all testable modes (fill, agitate, drain, spin, high speed spin, etc.). With full load machine stalled again. More importantly: NEW BOARD WILL AGAIN NOT GO INTO TEST MODE! Is there something wrong with both boards (old/new) or is some other fault in the machine affecting the board. Can the new board be reset if I can't get it into test mode? Reset by some other mechanism/technique??

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rhubarb Tau

• Quick

• sh2sh2

• WJNurphy

For what it's worth, I was working on a WCVH6800J0MS last week for a mechanical problem that also wouldn't enter test mode. The unit cycled fine (except for a bent tub spider) and I didn't notice any other control goofiness. It's possible the tech sheet is leaving out a step (I've seen that on other machines). 

Has anybody else successfully entered diagnostic mode on a similar GE unit? Any tricks?

You have to unplug unit and wIr 30 seconds then plug in then do the test mode entry process right away

I did that (timed 30 sec off, then re-energized), but no joy. Anyone else had any trouble with this?

• 3 years later...
On 6/5/2017 at 10:52 PM, Rhubarb Tau said:

I did that (timed 30 sec off, then re-energized), but no joy. Anyone else had any trouble with this?

I've got a call to run this particular washer (WCVH6800) I noticed pulling tech literature washer tips file:///C:/Users/LD-STOLTZ/Downloads/GE Front Load washer tips TB04-10.pdf it says remove power for 30 seconds then run the key dance for test mode.

In the Mini manual file:///C:/Users/LD-STOLTZ/Downloads/GEWCVH6800 Washer Minimanual 31-16559-1.PDF it says run the key dance (before) 30 seconds is up and run the key dance for test mode.

Crappy tech literature by the way.

I'll give mission findings on this mysterious high tech washing machine robot.

Here's something I just learned from this fine and dandy service manual on page 51 file:///C:/Users/LD-STOLTZ/Downloads/31-9135 2005 Front Load Washer.pdf A bad water level switch can keep it from entering service mode. Won't go into service mode if the tub is full of water either. Drain it by hand if you have to. Other wise no test mode...

Edited by Quick
Added some more.

On 6/5/2017 at 10:52 PM, Rhubarb Tau said:

I've got a call to run this particular washer (WCVH6800) I noticed pulling tech literature washer tips file:///C:/Users/LD-STOLTZ/Downloads/GE Front Load washer tips TB04-10.pdf it says remove power for 30 seconds then run the key dance for test mode.

In the Mini manual file:///C:/Users/LD-STOLTZ/Downloads/GEWCVH6800 Washer Minimanual 31-16559-1.PDF it says run the key dance (before) 30 seconds is up and run the key dance for test mode.

Crappy tech literature by the way.

I'll give mission findings on this mysterious high tech washing machine robot.

**************** Update

I ran the call. Unplugged it. Waited just a bit. Plugged it back in. Took my time getting back to the control and ran the key dance. (Before 30 seconds was up.) Went into diagnostics just fine...