Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bosch Dishwasher SHV6803UC Not Draining - ?New Pump

richt

Hello Appliance Masters!

I have the above Bosch dishwasher which does not fully drain - about a 1/2 to 1 inch of water filling the bottom of the tub.  About 2 months ago I had this problem and removed the plastic covering the impeller and flap/check valve.  The impeller had some debris stuck in it and the round portion of the flap/check valve had basically disintegrated over time.  After cleaning out the impeller and replacing the flap valve with a new one the dishwasher worked perfectly till this week.

I went ahead and reinspected the impeller and flap/check valve and they both seem fine.  I detached the drain hose from the garbage disposal and ran hot water and vinegar through it and it does not seem blocked.  At this point I am wondering if the pump that drains the water has gone bad and needs to be replaced?

I'm attaching pictures of the flap/check valve just to be clear on the part I'm talking about and also pictures of the integrated cabinet door and kickplate.  A number of years ago I joined this forum when the dishwasher wouldn't heat water.  I learned through here that it was a bad solder on a relay on the circuit board and thankfully the appliiance masters on this forum got me through getting the door off and resoldering the relay and it's worked perfectly since.

I do recall getting the door off and on was really a pain and I'm not sure how hard it is to remove the kickplate (you can see from the pic it has a custom cabinet facade also).  I was actually willing to pay someone to come in and do this repair but of the 4 different people/companies I called none of them would tell me what they would charge if the drain pump needed to be replaced.  I can certainly understand that they want to look at the machine first - but assuming it is the pump I would think they could tell me the cost to replace.

TL;DR

Bosch not draining - impeller and flap valve look good - Do I need to replace the pump?

Any hints for getting the cabinet door facade on/off easily

How easy is it to get the custom cabinet kickplate off?

Can you provide a link to buy the pump assuming that's what I need?

Anything else I should know/ask?

Many thanks

Pics are here:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richt

• Scottthewolf

• Johnny B. Good

• 16345Ed

Need serial number to determine parts on this guy. 

Also should test to ensure control board sending power to pump before replacing. Could be control. 

Didnt install new garbage disposal recently did you?

Thanks so much for responding!

It looks like the serial number is:  FD8207 00580 but I've attached a pic below of the information tag on the dishwasher.  The garbage disposal has not been changed and is the same one that the dishwasher was installed with - the only change was the flap valve which I replaced about 8 to 12 weeks ago - the machine has run well since this last week.  I'm wondering since there is only about 1/2 to 1 inch of water above the mesh of the drain in the base of the machine if the pump is working but just not fully?  

Thanks again.

Check that water inlet / exit side-valve on the left side of tank for stuck debris. Most time I find chips of porcelain from coffee cups that are unable to make the turn out.

After that r/r the pump at this age. Good luck!   Added note: I have also seen drain hose pinched behind tank because the hole into undersink is forward, resulting in

the same condition or also leaking at the pinch.

John Wright 

ExplodedView.pdf

Thanks - I got a chance to check the side exit valve today and it is all clear - there is power to the pump and so it looks like it needs to be replaced.  Can anyone provide a link to the correct pump based on the pic of the machine label/model/serial number earlier in the thread?    Thanks as always!

• 2 weeks later...

Before buying parts, do this quick check.  Check that the drain pump cover is on tight.  It snaps in and out.  If it is loose, the drain pump will leave an inch of water in the sump.

The part is number 16 under component assemblies (04) diagram at appliance parts pros.  Here is a link to what the part looks like:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/bosch-drain-pump-cover-165263-ap2802379.html