LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Dishwasher Heated Dry problem

BrendanOD

I have a WDT710PAYM4 whirlpool dishwasher.  I've replaced the heating element and thermostat to try and get the heated drying to work again, but it's not working at curent.  I've heard that the way to finish this repair is to use the dishwasher's reset code, but all my searching has only found instructions for other models that don't work on mine.  "Should I also be looking at something else? A fuse, or connection issue, or mechanical reset? The wash works fine, so the only issue is the heated dry cycle, which was why we started with the element and thermostat."

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johntech

• BrendanOD

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Most common reason for no dry is empty rinse aid dispenser. Put it into diagnostic test mode and check for power to the heater when it should be heating. step 3 tells you how to clear errors.

To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform the following while in standby:

• Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses.

• The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

• To rapid advance 1 interval at a time, press the Start/Resume key. Rapid advance may skip sensor checks as some checks require 2

complete intervals.

NOTE: While you are in the Diagnostic Cycle, the Start/Resume feature is turned Off (for example, Auto Resume after door interrupts) and the Start/ Resume key becomes an interval advance key.

• Invoking Service Diagnostics Cycle clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

• Drain and wash motors will pulsate on and off.

• Last run cycles and options returned to default.

• Last run delay returns to the lowest delay increment.

• Calibration cycle may force an extra rinse to occur prior to Final Rinse (to assure clear water), then calibrates the OWI and the fill amount during the final rinse.

• Operating state returns to Standby upon completing or terminating the Service Diagnostics Cycle. 

•  

Turn on all LEDs immediately upon receiving the entry sequence (even if the door is open) for 5 seconds as a display test. Turn off all LEDs for 1 second prior to reporting customer error history.

3 Press Hi Temp key in this interval to clear customer error history.

4 Thermistor (temperature sensor) checks - turn clean LED on if thermistor is in its normal temperature range (32°F to 167°F [0°C to 75°C]). Turn sanitized LED on if fill temperature is above 85°F (29°C).

5 OWI (optical soil sensor) checks:

Check OWI sensor for the presence of water during the 5 sec. pause in interval 16 and turn on the Clean LED in interval 15 if water detected.

Check OWI sensor for presence of bulk soil during pause interval 13 and turn on the Clean LED in interval 12 if bulk soil detected.

Drain until OWI sensor sees the presence of air or a maximum of 1:52 during interval 5 and turn on the Clean LED in interval 4 if air detected.

6 Turn on Sanitized LED in this interval to indicate that the Salt Level Reed Switch is closed.

7 Turn on Clean LED in this interval to indicate that vent current is detected.