Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag MSD2756GEW Refrigerator side too cold

Epeescott

Hello all,

My fridge is extremely cold, even though set to warmest setting.  Eggs and milk are freezing in it.

I found behind the second drawer a opening that seems to go to the freezer - and a blue film with two punched out holes in it lying on the shelf in front of it.  Is this how cold freezer air is getting into my fridge, making it cold?

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Epeescott

• 16345Ed

• Budget Appliance Repair

• evaappliance

That sounds more like the return air duct. 

I believe cold air enters from top duct then circulates down to that lower duct back to freezer. 

Usually it's covered by a white grille. What you described sounded like packing tape from when the unit was new. 

Make sure lower one is clear and unobstructed. 

Upper one my be stuck open. Either thermostat is bad or duct mechanism isn't working. 

WP61006081.   Also this part needs to be in good shape to keep cold air from the freezer from migrating back to the refrigerator side when it is cycled off

Thanks - my return air duct, which you call WP61006081, does not look like that, but the blue plastic film actually has holes in it that were attached to the inside of mine.  I modified it slightly with a similar plastic film and epoxied it to the inside of the return air duct on the top, so it can "breathe" normally.  I will check in a few days if things are still freezing up.

If you glued the blue plastic film to the top air duct, (that is NOT the return air duct and not where the flap goes).  Air comes in at the top from the freezer and circulates thru refrig section and returns to freezer thru the air return duct, (the bottom duct near the crisper drawers which should have the blue plastic flap, to prevent the cold air that drops from migrating over into the refrig and freezing items in the crisper drawers).

On 7/22/2017 at 7:13 PM, 16345Ed said:

This is your temp control thermostat: Part number: WP61005651

Part number: WP61005651

It controls the compressor run time based on the temperature setting. 

I think there are two different part numbers for this unit depending on serial number.... WP61005651 and 61005438....