LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

FPID2497R SOLVED FIXED ERROR CODE i30 :D

newbie333

hello to all those with a frigidaire dishwasher showing the error code i30 and the drain pump continuously running.....

i think i have a (at least temporary) solution!!! (bottom of post)

apparently this is a systemic problem with a poorly designed pressure switch that get clogged with food and grease causing the above symptoms.

the long term fix would be to get the updated sensor=  5304504077 Pressure Sensor , but for now......

background info: put dishes in washer without rinsing them first. some had bits of salad still on them. ran a normal cycle, emptied dishes. half hour later the drain pump just starts running, error code i30 displayed, sump is empty, door is open...??  so i turned off the breaker to the washer.

SOLUTION

1) put two scoops of "BIO CLEAN"  with a quart of water into the dishwasher (   https://www.gonzocart.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=290&language=en&currency=USD  ),

2) used a zip tie to poke around the pressure sensor opening to loosen any food particles. you need a flexible thingy to reach into the opening of the sensor from the sump.

3) waited 24 hours

4) turned on the breaker....drain pump does stays off, no error code, operating panel displays normally.

5) ran the rinse cycle. the contents of the dishwasher backs up into the kitchen sink showing both the BIO CLEAN stuff and bits of salad. ran the disposal to clear, cycle finishes normally! drain pump does not later turn on by itself. SUCCESS :D  :D

so, guess i will have to preclean the plates and occasionally use the bio clean just in case.

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• newbie333

• MVrepairs

Top Posters In This Topic