Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
pianoman

Frigidaire Gallery Gas Dryer Overheating

2 posts in this topic

Model FSG747GES1 Frigidaire gas dryer continues to overheat despite replacing cycling thermostat and gas solenoids. Venting is clear. Removed vent and ran a load and the air seemed extremely hot although did not register it with a thermometer. It did appear to work for a couple of weeks, maybe more after the aforementioned repairs done. The dryer is almost 7 years old and initially the moisture sensor seemed to work great but that has not worked for years now, I don't know if they are related. When drying, all temperature levels result in scorching of whatever is being dried. Also have the problem that I have seen posted before about clothes getting caught in the front between the door and the "ribs." Is there some sort of switch or control that could be causing the cycling thermostat to go bad? Any help would be appreciated. I am seriously considering a new washer and dryer as this one seems to need a lot of repair work and has been very difficult to diagnose.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The overheating problem and the clothes-eating problem are probably related.  With a bad drum seal, the air flow through the drum is disturbed so the thermostats are not sensing what they should.  You need to replace the front drum felt kit.  This will most likely solve all your problems.