Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Tech Sheet/Fast Track

Skee572

Manufacturer: KitchenAid
Type of Appliance: Refrigerator
Model Number: KRFF707ESS01
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): YES
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): YES

I am looking for the Tech Sheet, Fast Track for this refrigerator.

Thanks

Shane

• Team Samurai

Uses same tech sheet as this one 

Here's a post that explains how to find Whirlpool-built docs quicker using the PUB number. For future reference... 

Ok I'm new to this and I'm not sure if this is the correct way to ask for help or not, but here goes  I searched the website and didn't come up with any thing I'm not familiar with kitchenaid appliances at all, but you did find a service manual that was comparable you said. I didn't really have any luck with it on my service call I wasn't able to enter Diagnostic mode the main PCB did not have any dip switches on the board to enter Diagnostic mode like the manual describe I'm just wondering if there is any other way to pull a model specific factory service manual I would gladly pay for it or you if you do any kind of technical assistance calls/walk throughs. I would definitely like to learn more about newer models like this I just haven't had the hands on troubleshooting experience on them. All in due time I guess. Thank you for your time and help it is greatly appreciated!

• Team Samurai
7 minutes ago, Skee572 said:

I searched the website and didn't come up with any thing

7 minutes ago, Skee572 said:

I'm just wondering if there is any other way to pull a model specific factory service manual

I linked you to the specific tech sheet for your model. 

8 minutes ago, Skee572 said:

I wasn't able to enter Diagnostic mode the main PCB did not have any dip switches on the board to enter Diagnostic mode like the manual describe

The tech sheet is not showing dip switches on the board. It is showing the switch configuration on the touchpanel. A clue to this is the reference to "press the switches and listen for the chime." Here's the excerpt:

To Enter Service Diagnostics Mode:
NOTE: Refrigerator must not be in Lockout mode prior to entering Service Diagnostic mode.

Press SW1 and SW2 simultaneously for 3 seconds.

Release both buttons when you hear the CHIME indicator. The display will

show “01” to indicate the control is in Step 1 of the diagnostics routine.

Once you're in Service Mode, follow the instructions to run the various tests and troubleshoot the problem. 

For specific troubleshooting help, start a new topic in the Appliance Repair Tech Forum

• Thanks 1

Ok great I understand now, for some reason I had a preconceived notion when i saw SW1 SW2 etc. it was referring to switches on the board and that would translate to a read out on the display, but I was wrong. I will definitely learn from that mistake. 

• Team Samurai
12 minutes ago, Skee572 said:

I will definitely learn from that mistake. 

The adventures in learning never end!

We're all traveling this path together. :shufflin::shufflin::shufflin::shufflin: