LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

replacement start relay Frigidaire GM-380E

granta

My old Frigidaire GM-380E minifridge refuses to start - no clicking. Compressor checks out okay electrically - it's a Danfoss PW3.5K7. The old start relay does rattle noticeably when shaken which I'm led to believe indicates that it may be dead. The relay, overload protector and socket that plugs into the compressor are three separate pieces (wish I could post a picture). On the relay there is a sticker that says MAX IN 4.75 MIN OUT 3.75. It was manufactured by Danfoss and has 054-1279 stamped on it. Is there a modern replacement relay that will work? Any additional info required?

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiroshi

• granta

• electro_doc

Any PTC type relay will work... if it is not "clicking" it is possible the overload has quit as well. The easiest thing for you to do would be to install a PRO41.Part number: PRO41

Part number: PRO41 

As a "Grasshoppah" I'm not exactly sure who this reply is going to! Thanks for the replies though.

Yes - the relay is getting power - thanks for suggesting that check. I started the compressor by wiring it directly and shorting the run/start pins so the compressor is, in fact, alive. The thermostat and overload check out okay. I'll go with Hiroshi's recommendation of the PTC relay. Thanks again.

Your replies are visible to all the visitors and Techs in the forum... Aftermarket parts are not always my first choice, but on the older units you have to use whatever will work!

Our local Supco distributor has an RO41 - no PRO41. what is the difference (apart from appearance) and is it compatible? Thanks.

it is a comparable RO ( relay/overload) the "P" stands for Push-On... the RO41 will require different wiring. 

I would get a RCO410 if they have that, it will come with easy to follow instructions and a start capacitor to kick that aging start winding decisively into motion... If you can keep the old overload in the circuit, do so, you will treat the lead on the overload as the "common" on the RCO410 instructions...