LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE Ice Maker ZDIS15CSSM tubing

CinBrandon

I'm working on cleaning my ice maker. The tubing that goes from the pump to water dispenser, and the return tubing are both nasty. And very expensive.
Can vinyl tubing be used for this, similar to what is at a hardware store?

thank you for the assistance.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CinBrandon

• Hiroshi

• vee8power

• MoTeD

Top Posters In This Topic

1/4 inch and 5/16 are the common diameters of tubing in a majority of machines out there... the tubing at the hardware store is just fine. If your unit has the screw together type fittings installation is pretty easy- if you have the quick release type "John Guest" fittings, be very careful to cut the tubing cleanly with a razor or sharp blade so it will mate flush with the o-ring inside the coupler.

This is an under cabinet ice maker. These are the tubes inside the unit. I haven't measured diameter yet, but looks more like 1/2" ID or slightly bigger.
looking to use clear vinyl tubing that you can get a the hardware store for cut by the foot.

-The circulation tubes are larger, but simply running a clean cycle with the approved fluid is all they need... using some random tubing for those parts is not advisable because you have no idea how they will react chemically with the cleaning fluid. You may be thinking, "Forget the cleaning. I will just replace the tubing..." This is a bad idea as hard water will be all over the evaporator plate as well ( if there is that much in the tubing) and the most common reason for these machines to die is because nobody runs regular cleaning cycles.

Part number: 4396808

Ice Machine Cleaner - Part # 1194784 Mfg Part # 4396808

Thank you.

I do the cleaning fluid (nickel safe), and it is due. But it looks like mold, etc, in tubes. I may try to get them off and clean them, and re-install.

I was just shocked the tubes were $80 and $50. ouch.

Thank you for the informative post.

I have found this brush(8212614) to be usefull in cleaning these tubes. I believe the size you are looking for is 5/8. If you are going to replace them, make sure it is FDA approved food grade and you should be fine.