Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Fisher Paykel DD603

BoydMT

I have gotten a Double Drawer Fisher Paykel 603 dish washer from a client that didn't like it (she decided she doesn't like the double drawers).

It has worked just fine for them until we moved it to my house. Of course it was jostled around minimally from their house to my truck, then my truck to my house. Nothing too bad. Or so I thought.

I have everything in place, leveled out, all filters cleaned out, Racks in properly,  plugged in and the hoses hooked up exactly as it was at my client's place. Upon trying it out I am able to get the water in but the spray arm floats off due to too much water I think....So my question: Is there a certain amount of water that is suppose to fill the bottom? Is there suppose to be a "cut off" of some sort that I can look into. I have read something about a float switch on another forum. Could that be my problem? I do not have a display that shows any codes.

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BoydMT

• Chat_in_FL

• AccApp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No water level or float switch on these, the control board fills the unit with water until it senses the pump motor is using the correct amount of power. Check the pump rotor and be sure the spray arm is on top of the upper part of the pump rotor before starting a cycle. There should be a tech sheet in a plastic envelope behind the lower drawer with all kinds of fun things to do. Pull a drawer out by pushing in the locking tabs just behind the front panel.

I assume you have an "integrated" model, the tech sheet will tell you how to read the led's to get error codes

Thank you, I got the level out again and it was a tiny bit off. I worked the feet a bit reset the spray arm and all seems to be running well now. I appreciate you amazingly fast response. Finding appliance guys/gals in MT is a hard one. Usually they have to travel from a major city (we have very few major cities)or you have to take the appliance in to be repaired.

Thanks also for the tip about the tech sheet. I will go look for it.

Check the installation instructions for drain line alignment. I don't have access right now due to power outage, but if the drain line isn't positioned correctly, the upper tub can drain into the lower tub.

found this in my notes: 

"One of my techs ran in to this problem and he called Fisher/Paykel and they told him to make sure the drain hose had a high loop even though it was going to an air gap and they also told him to replace the check valves. He told them the check valves looked good but they had him replace them with a new check valve kit 528625p which had both check valves. When we received them he said they looked the same except for the color but we installed them as Fisher/Paykel advised and that did solve the problem. As a matter of fact he just had another DD603 on Wednesday with the same problem and we just ordered the kit for that unit as well. "

the instructions don't actually put it into words, but experience has shown that the picture is worth a thousand words when looking at the alignment of the drain line connection (vertical):

DD603_drain.jpg

Edited by Chat_in_FL