LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Front Loading Washer Leaking

neustkg

Model number:  WFMC3301UC/06

My Bosch Nexxt 500 Series front loading washer just started leaking yesterday.  It is a pretty fast leak, too.  I know it is not the drain pump as I took the cover off the drain pump and shined a flashlight under the washer.  The best way to describe where the leak is coming from is approximately 8-10 inches from the left and 6 - 8 inches from the back.  I put it on the drain and spin cycle and saw it leaking maybe 1 drip every 4 to 6 seconds.

Is this repairable without parts (kind of doubt this) or what parts are probably needed and what is the price?  The washer is 10 years old and I've already spent about $125 to repair it (drain pump and cold water inlet valve), so if the price of the part is prohibitive, I might just opt for a new washer as I have $200 in Lowe's gift cards.  I did see a Maytag and Whirlpool front loading washer there for $719 (4.5 gallon capacity), which is less than I paid for the Bosch 10 years ago.  I might opt for another Bosch, but nothing but 2.5 gallon washers there right now, which is too small for our family.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neustkg

• Rhubarb Tau

Top Posters In This Topic

With any leak, you need to pinpoint it before you can fix it. I don't know offhand what parts are located in the spot you're describing. If price is a factor, you'll save money by properly diagnosing it before you start ordering parts.

I would pull the unit out from the wall (leave it hooked up), and remove the rear panel. Start a cycle and climb behind it (being very careful of the large drive pulley and other finger / hair traps) and wait for the leak to start. Once you see a drip, (very carefully) follow it up to whence it springs.

If there's water splatter, you may need to unplug the unit, dry off the wet surfaces, and try it again, looking for the first sign of a drip. Follow it uphill, and you should find exactly what needs replaced / tightened. Good luck!

Edited by Rhubarb Tau

Took the top off the washer.  Found out the hot water valve was leaking.  I double checked to make sure by shutting off that water valve and the water stopped dripping from the valve and stopped dripping underneath.  Not a hard or expensive part to replace.  Pretty relieved as I can probably replace it within 10 minutes.